Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Misplaced reviews for Crónica de una Muerte Anunciada

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adur (last edited Jul 28, 2014 04:55PM) (new)

Adur Alkain | 2 comments Looking for Gabriel García Márquez's great novel Crónica de una Muerte Anunciada, I didn't find it in Goodreads (only the English translation). Instead, there is this book (presumably a study about the novel) by somebody called Stephen Hart. ALL THE REVIEWS FOR THAT BOOK APPEAR TO BE MISPLACED. Reviewers are referring to the original novel by Gabriel García Márquez. Maybe you can fix this simply by editing the book data, making this the page for García Márquez's novel, and then creating a new page for Stephen Hart's book?

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jul 28, 2014 05:55PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments There are many versions of that book available in various languages including Spanish: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio... (6 pages).

I don't know what to do about the Stephen M. Hart reviews though (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...).

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
If users have chosen to review what is probably the wrong book (but one which IS a valid book), we leave those reviews alone.

message 4: by Adur (new)

Adur Alkain | 2 comments rivka wrote: "If users have chosen to review what is probably the wrong book (but one which IS a valid book), we leave those reviews alone."

I understand. I see now I didn't do a proper search for the novel... I find it weird, though, that when I type the Spanish title, several studies about the book (including Stephen Hart's) appear before the actual novel. I guess it's because, ironically, they have a higher overall rating (all of them because of misplaced reviews, I fear)! Another factor that I think has confused Spanish reviewers is the lack of information about the book. A short text (preferably in Spanish) explaining that this is a study about the novel would help. But the main reason, obviously, is that those reviewers weren't paying attention...

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Adur wrote: "A short text (preferably in Spanish) explaining that this is a study about the novel would help."

Adding that would be fine.