Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Short Fiction/Fantasy Children's Story (4500 words)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Cooke (hellocookie) | 1 comments Looking for some feedback on a children's story I've written that will eventually include some illustrations and such.

message 2: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 30 comments Hi Stephanie, I'll do a beta swap with you if you like? My novel is a full middle grade novel (so 48,000 words), but I'd be keen for you to read the first three chapters, (which is 4,700) in exchange for me reading your story? What's the story about?

Here's mine:
BLURB: When Hope Starkey is sent a letter by her long-lost dad, she finds herself in a battle against time (and two very dangerous criminals), to find out where he is. With her two sidekicks, mute Edie and Playground Dweller Will, Hope runs away, lies, steals, and even nearly kills someone. But will she find her dad, or is this all some huge joke at her expense?

Regards,
Natalia

message 3: by Stina (new)

Stina | 10 comments Hello Stephanie,

If you're still looking for free beta readers, I'd be happy to beta read your short fiction story. I've read many Children's, Middle Grade and Young Adult books across several genres, including fantasy (I read of lot of fiction in general).

As your beta reader, I'd provide detailed feedback regarding topics such as characterization, pacing, setting, etc. I'd also note any general issues that detract from the reading experience, if found (for example: typos) and highlight aspects of your story that are greatly enjoyed, such as prose and story themes. I'd happily answer questions regarding my beta read feedback report, if you have questions about it.

If you have a beta reader feedback form or questionnaire that you use, or specific areas of your story that you want beta readers to focus on, I'd be happy to beta read with such guidelines as well.

If interested, please let me know via PM.

Thank you for your consideration.