Play Book Tag discussion

May 2018: Family Drama > We Were Liars/ E Lockhart-4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanaya (new)

Tanaya (tanayar) We Were Liars
The Sinclairs are rich, beautiful and perfect.
The Sinclairs are broken, isolated and liars.

We Were Liars is by-far the most well-crafted book that sends across the message it was written to deliver, so wittily. Being based upon the beauty of the Sinclair Family, this book will stab you in your heart and make you feel good about it. It revolves around the four main characters-Cadence, Gat, Mirren and Johnny. Being narrated from the point of view of Cadence, it gives the reader an insight never read before ( the no spoiler promise I'm holding is really restricting me!) It boggles your mind and makes you utterly curious. Not once, while reading, did I try to guess the ending, and I tend to do that a lot. I was plainly wanting to know, desperately, what happened.
This book, I can only say what it made me feel. I cannot even begin to wrap it up in a summary. So here's what it does to you:
Confusion
Chaos
Understanding
Awe
Back to chaos
THE Insightful moment
Utter grief and pain.
So I don't just recommend you to read, but urge you to, because it will change your life.

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Eek, I didn't love this one! I 100% agree that this moved quickly, was intriguing, and I did NOT guess the ending though, haha.

On the flip side, I thought everything was kind of overdramatic. The writing, the TWIST- everything was done for shock value-and to keep you "cliffhangered". Maybe this had something to with listening to the audio?

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I really liked this one too.

message 4: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I also liked this one and didn’t guess the ending. I did read, not listen.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9371 comments Stayed with me too... you never quite forget this one.