YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News
BUDDY READ: Non-Fiction > You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News by Cracked.com - Starting May 7th 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashleigh | 3371 comments You're going to wish you never picked up this book.

Some facts are too terrifying to teach in school. Unfortunately, Cracked.com is more than happy to fill you in:

* A zombie apocalypse? It could happen. 50% of humans are infected with a parasite that can take over your brain.

* The FDA wouldn't let you eat bugs, right? Actually, you might want to put down those jelly beans. And that apple. And that strawberry yogurt.

* Think dolphins are our friends? Then these sex-crazed thrill killers of the sea have you right where they want you.

* The most important discovery in the history of genetics? Francis Crick came up with it while on LSD.

* Think you're going to choose whether or not to buy this book? Scientists say your brain secretly makes all your decisions 10 seconds before you even know what they are.

If you’re a fan of The Oatmeal or Frak.com and hate being wrong about stuff, you’ll love what you find in You Might Be a Zombie from the twisted minds at Cracked.

Ashleigh | 3371 comments The 5 Most Horrifying Bugs in the World

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3371 comments 3 Colours You Don't Realise Are Controlling Your Mind

(view spoiler)

The 4 Most Badass Presidents of All Time

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3371 comments 5 Famous Artists who didn't create their Signature Creation

(view spoiler)

6 Terrifying Things they don't tell you about Childbirth

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3371 comments 5 Fun things that will kill you

(view spoiler)

5 Movies based on true stories (that are total bullshit).

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3371 comments 6 Insane Things Science might do with your Cadaver

(view spoiler)

5 Most Ridiculous Lies You Were Taught in History Class

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3371 comments 6 Cutest Animals That Can Still Destroy You

(view spoiler)

5 Stories About Jesus' Childhood They Had to Cut from the Bible

(view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3371 comments 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World

(view spoiler)

Linaria | 2190 comments Ashleigh wrote: "The 5 Most Horrifying Bugs in the World

Yeah, this title is no exaggeration. I already hate bugs and insects and bees, and uh creepy crawlies. But holy shit. Re-reading this chapter after a few ye..."

Well at least now I have some new insects to gross my science class out with. :)

Linaria | 2190 comments Ashleigh wrote: "5 Fun things that will kill you

[spoilers removed]

5 Movies based on true stories (that are total bullshit).

[spoilers removed]"

It should be illegial to call some of those true stories. False advertising, more like!

Linaria | 2190 comments Ashleigh wrote: "6 Cutest Animals That Can Still Destroy You

[spoilers removed]

5 Stories About Jesus' Childhood They Had to Cut from the Bible

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah basically anyone could write stories of Jesus, but I guess during the council, they decided which ones were actually canon. The others were like fanfic I guess?

Linaria | 2190 comments Ashleigh wrote: "6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World

[spoilers removed]"

WHY WOULD ANYONE EAT THOSE? I can't even think about it.

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 77 comments Oh my gosh I love this book! I actually own it, is it too late to get in on this? And reread it for literally the eighth time?