Diversity in All Forms! discussion

Monthly Book Suggestions > True Crime (June 2018)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariah Roze (new)

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1430 comments Mod
What diversity topic we will cover in June is True Crime. Please suggest books! You have till 5/10/18.

message 2: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 143 comments I recommend Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann.

This book is about a series of murders in the Osage Indian Nation in Oklahoma in the 1920's. The tribe was very wealthy due to oil revenues, but people kept dying one by one. This was one the FBI's first major investigations. The book sounds fascinating. It gets high ratings and great reviews. It involves true crime, social injustice, a little history, and new (for the time) investigative techniques,

message 3: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 30 comments NancyJ wrote: "I recommend Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann.

This book is about a series of murders in the Osage Indian Nation in Oklahoma in..."

Sounds very interesting.

message 4: by Mariah Roze (new)

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1430 comments Mod
NancyJ wrote: "I recommend Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann.

This book is about a series of murders in the Osage Indian Nation in Oklahoma in..."

I've heard good things about this book!