Glissenwood School for the Gifted {Semi lit/literate RP} discussion

Town > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Hiruko (demonking) | 1036 comments Mod

message 2: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin walked into the library. She always came here to draw and read, and right now she felt like drawing. She sat down in a warm, dark corner of the library With her notepad. She took out her set of charcoal pencils and started sketching a large, magnificent library, Beauty and the Beast style. Her hair was down to block her face from anyone who walked by, and she immersed herself in her drawing.

message 3: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro was lounging on one of the chairs in the library. His head was leaned back and his eyes were closed, but he wasn't asleep. He was simply relaxing and relishing the quietness that the library had to offer. He had to admit though. He wasn't one who frequently go to the library but since he wasn't working at the moment he figured why not.

message 4: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments While shading, Acelin’s pencil broke. She went to sharpen it and found her sharpener broken and unusable. She sighed and rubbed her forehead in frustration, standing up with the broken pencil. She laid her sketchbook face-down to avoid prying eyes and went to find a sharpener. She resolved to look at the receptionist's desk, and then check the customer service counter. She walking quietly through the stacks before entering the opening of chairs and tables, with the main desk in the middle. She approached practicing in her head what she was going to say.

message 5: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro sat up, a little too quickly than he'd like, causing his glasses to fall of his face. Hearing them hit the floor, he opened his eyes and leaned over to pick them up, placing them back over his red eyes. Movement out of the corner of his eye caught his attention. He looked over to see the girl walking back to her spot.

message 6: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin had quickly and silently sharpened her pencil and headed back to her spot. Luckily, she knew just where to go and how to move to be unnoticed by most people. She sat back in her corner, focusing back on her drawing. She was surrounded by her pencils, seemingly unorganized, but she had organized them in her head. She had her erasers to her left as well, in order of effectiveness. She continued to smudge and shade her picture, focusing intently on her sketched.

message 7: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro had gotten up and looked around. There didn't seem to be any adult with her. He walked in the direction that he saw her go. He went through the aisles of books until he found where she sat.

message 8: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin heard someone moving around her in the stacks, but she ignored it. She figured whoever it was just really like physics and theoretical sciences. She started adding more final details to her sketch, smiling slightly at herself now that she could see it come together. With small ornate handrails to fancy shelf labels, she wanted everything she could think of to be there.

message 9: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((4:20 aye))

message 10: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

((I'm an hour behind you lol))

Shiro noticed that she was drawing. He made sure not to get too close. He glanced around at the science books real quick before turning back towards the drawings. "That's coming out nicely." His voice came out softly as he made sure not to startle her.

message 11: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((RIP))

Acelin was still unsettled when someone came up next to her. Usually, she would freak out and push them away, but that was when she would draw scenes or people from her dreams. Luckily though, this was just some random image that popped into her head. She smiled shyly, ”thanks...” she whispered softly, glancing up at whoever was talking to her. She noticed the person was wearing a lab coat but didn't mention it.

message 12: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro offered a slight smile as he pushed his glasses up his nose before sticking his hands into the pockets of his lab coat. He glanced over at a clock that was on the wall. It was still early afternoon. He still had plenty of time to kill. He looked back at the girl. "Do you draw inspiration from anything in particular?"

message 13: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin didn't know how to answer that. She felt telling the whole truth would be too personal whereas telling an outright lie might give her away. Eventually, she settled for ”My surroundings”, seeing as they were in a Library and it wouldn't be too far-fetched or too huge a stretch.

message 14: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro gave a slight nod. "I've heard that many artists observe when they draw." He replied as he slightly turned on his heels. At this point he is certain that there wasn't an adult here with her.

message 15: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin saw him looking around and turning on his heels. She started to get anxious as to what he was thinking or planning. ”Looking for someone?” she asked softly, hoping he wouldn't ask the same question everyone else seemed to ask her and that he was just meeting a friend.

message 16: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((it is okay I have ADHD an so understand but also I'm very impatient and that makes me super annoying so don't let me be a bother))

message 17: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

((it's okay, I don't find it annoying at all. It's actually a good reminder to me because I get flooded with notifications, it gets hard to keep track at times so don't worry))

Shiro smiled slightly. "Not at all. Just keeping track of the time. I'd have to get back to work eventually. As peaceful as it is here." He chuckled softly as he looked to a nearby window. He could tell that people must have asked her about if she was with anyone before.

message 18: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((I'm very annoying. This is not up for debate XD))

Acelin nodded timidly, glad that no one had asked her where her parents were. She had a good excuse though that wasn't the truth, she just hoped she would never have to admit that she didn't have any parental supervision. She was half tempted to stop talking, but she couldn't help but ask him a question. ”Where do you work?” she asked softly, almost hoping he didn't hear her most likely stupid question.

message 19: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Since there weren't many sources of noise in the library, Shiro did in fact hear the question. He wasn't going to be completely honest just in case this one was a deviant. He's very much prefer that he not get too involved outside of work. "I'm a doctor." He said simply. His answer was half true.

message 20: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin nodded. She was interested in the medical field, though she didn't have the audacity to actually become a doctor. ”What field of study are you in?” she asked inquisitively, now not as quiet but still not as quiet but still soft-spoken. She actually looked at him now instead of hiding behind her hair to watch his facial expressions and be a ’social person’ as if she was a freaky looking weirdo. She was almost half worries he would freak out about silver eyes, but she had seen his red ones and figured he couldn't be that alarmed.

message 21: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro was a bit surprised that she had asked about his specific field of study. "I mostly do research but I am considered a doctor." He said, offering a little more of an explanation to what he does without giving away too much.

message 22: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin could tell he was being specifically vague and wanted to accept that, but she was just too curious to let it go. ”But what kind of research? Internal medicine? Para physiology? Genetics?” she asked softly, really curious now. She shifted to set her sketchbook down and hug her legs, resting her chin on her knees. She was really interested now, wanting to know if there were any new developments in the science world. ”is it classified government stuff or is going to be in the papers soon?” she asked playfully, smiling in anticipation.

message 23: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

((it was nearly 9:30 lol, i meant to say i was an hour ahead, time zones confuse me))

"It's government stuff, so I can't say much about it." Shiro said, dismissing the topic about his work. Looking around he found a nearby chair and pulled it closer to sit down. "What is it that you'd like to do when you're older?" He asked curiously.

message 24: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((oof RIP also good morning ))

Acelin nodded, slightly disappointed she couldn't find out more. When the questions were turned on her, she shrugged. ”I don't know yet,” she said simply.

message 25: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

"That's okay. You still have time." Shiro said softly before pausing. After a moment or so he continued. "Is there anything you like to do? People usually see themselves doing what they like in the future."

((Roleplaying with you and your character reminded me of what I had planned for Shiro's backstory))

message 26: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((bro tell meee))

Acelin was still hesitant to tell him, as she didn't know what he would do with that information. ”Something with science probably,” she answered hesitantly. Of course, there were multiple fields of study she would love to go to involving animals or children, maybe even art, but she felt that was too personal.

message 27: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

((well he use to have a younger sister...key words: use to))

Shiro nodded as he listened to her response. He remembered when he was younger and there were multiple different choices to choose from. Now look where he's at. He was pretty content with the path he chose, and in fact he quite enjoyed it. "Science is interesting." He replied.

message 28: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((I'm invested now TELL ME MORE~ TELL ME MORE~ DID SHE PUT UP A FIGHT?))

Acelin nodded. She wasn't sure how this strange dude felt about females in STEM fields, but he hadn't said anything about not following her path, so she hoped she was in the clear. ”What did you want to be when you were younger?” she asked softly, curious as to whether he had always wanted to be a doctor or not.

message 29: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

((she was a youngling, I don't want to spoil too much before I update his sheet))

Shiro thought for a moment before he replied. "When I was younger I was like the other kids who didn't have a clue. After some time though, I found that I very much like the work I am doing now."

message 30: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((RIP update fast I wanna know me and my curious nosy self wants to know what happened!))

Acelin nodded, sighing softly. She tilted her head to the left, leaning her cheek on her knee and having her hair fall even more out of her face. ”I still wanna know what field you're studying...” she muttered, mostly to herself. ”You're sure there is absolutely nothing you can say about your job? Besides the fact that you're a researching doctor?” she asked hopefully.

message 31: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro kept a slight smile on his face. He leaned back in the chair, clasping his hands together as they rested in his lap. "I'm sorry. I can't tell you what it is that I do. All I can tell is that I am a research doctor. Nothing more."

/\_/\
> ' = ' <
((Got bored and made this ^^))

message 32: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((oof that's cool))

Acelin sighed, frowning slightly. ”Okay...thanks anyway,” she said softly, her eyes dropping for a split second in disappointment. ”Sorry, I'm being really nosy and I know that puts you in a bad situation...” she said softly, chuckling nervously and sitting up into a criss-cross position.

message 33: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

"It's always okay to ask questions. However, some answers cannot be given." Shiro said simply. He noticed the nervous edge to her chuckle and wondered what that could have been about. He was sure to seem as approachable as possible.

((oof. that is coincidental.))

message 34: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin nodded in understanding. ”I know, ” she said, resting her elbow on her knee and her hand on her cheek. ”I just don't like not knowing,” she said simply. ”Which is really annoying when answers either can't be given or can't be discovered,” she said wistfully, meaning in no way to pry the answer out of him. She had accepted that fact, she just didn't want to come off as a doormat.

message 35: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro gave a quick nod. "That's understandable. There are many things people want to know, but it wouldn't be fair if one person knew everything." He paused before continuing. "That's what makes life interesting, leaving things a mystery."

((What kind of food? :0 ))

message 36: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((CHIPS AND WATER))

Acelin nodded. ”Everyone you meet knows something you don't,” she said simply. ”Don't remember where I heard that, but it's very true,” she said, starring off at a stack of books in thought.

message 37: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

((nah working on reply also now i want cookies))

message 38: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((Oof RIP sorry XD))

message 39: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((Bro I got a WHOLE BAG OF COOKIES))

message 40: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

"That is true. Wise words." Shiro stopped to think for a moment. "I know that quote. It's from a famous author" He tried to think of the name of the author but for the life of him, it didn't come to his mind.

((super late. I started reading a book then I remembered I needed to post this rip))

message 41: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin was silent for a moment in thought. ”H. Jackson Brown Junior, I believe.” she mused quietly. ”I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that,” she added, again chuckling nervously. She simultaneously didn't want to seem too smart or not smart enough, and she was believing she was almost definitely failing miserably.

message 42: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments ((I ate too many cookies T-T))

message 43: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro leaned forward a bit, resting his elbows on his legs and his chin on his still clasped hands. He noticed her chuckle nervously again. He kept his gaze on her as he watched for any other behaviors. "Yes, that's the one."

message 44: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin nodded, noticing he was watching her too intently to be casual. That, of course, did not help her anxiety. ”yep...” she said awkwardly, unsure of what to say next.

message 45: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro leaned back slightly to ease up on her. "So, what draws you to science?" He decided to ask. He'd very much rather to keep the conversation going instead of sitting here in silence. That and the best way to observe someone was to talk with them and watch their reactions.

message 46: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin shrugged. ”I like how matter of fact it is and all the possibilities it brings,” she said simply. ”what about you?” she asked.

message 47: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

"I like that there are answers to questions. It's logical. It's not like English careers or philosophy where it's all interpretation." Shiro replied quietly. He made sure to keep the volume down, given the location they were in.

message 48: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin nodded. ”Yeah, but English and Philosophy are fun. Science tells you what is possible and Philosophy tells you what you shouldn't do even if you can.” she chimed in.

message 49: by Hiruko, 狼 (new)

Shiro nodded. "I see the point but it's also a lot of 'what ifs'. Science can be fun too. At least, it is for me. But we all have preferences. " He shrugged when he said the last part.

message 50: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 370 comments Acelin nodded. ”yeah, but how would we know what to explore or what could be possible without genres like science fiction, which is predicated upon philosophical concepts like moral conflicts!” she said softly but determinedly. She then leaned back a bit and blushed at her small outburst. ”Sorry...” she said. ”I like to think about these kinds of things a lot.”

« previous 1