The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #1) The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency discussion

Which audiobook version?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Justbefree I recently listened to the audiobook version of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, read by Adjoa Andoh and I really enjoyed it. It wasn't until later, that I realise this version is abridged. That's the first time I listened to an abridged version. I really enjoyed the narration, and the sample of the unabridged version read by Hilary Neville left me completely unimpressed. So my question is, what should I listen to? A narrator I really enjoyed, while not getting the full book experience, or a narrator I'm not so keen on, but which will allow me to get the whole book experience? Your advice and opinions are welcome!

message 2: by Naomi (last edited May 08, 2018 11:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Naomi Definitely go for the unabridged. I agree, though, that a narrator is key to getting a great listening experience. Sample it ahead of time, if you can, so you can get a feel for the narrator's style. I listened to Lisette Lecat narrate it on the version I got from Audible. I thought she did a wonderful job with it.

Justbefree Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply. I have been recommended Lisette Lecat's version by another person too. Although it's not available in my region, even though I have an Audible US subscription via Amazon, I will see if I can obtain it elsewhere.