Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) Fifty Shades Freed discussion


644 views
ALPHA MALES

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lauren (aplpeach) I need books that have strong, possessive Alpha Males in them. I want a book where the guy takes care of his girl. Loves her, protects her, takes care of her. I want a book where he rescues or saves her and then nurses her back to health.


Beaupeep Well, I'll be watching this thread with interest!


Kimber Hellmers https://www.goodreads.com/series/1022...
The Alpha Group - they are a short group of novella length stories about a serious Alpha Male. The first is a little slow, but it gets better quickly.


Katrina Jay Kimberley wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/series/1022...
The Alpha Group - they are a short group of novella length stories about a serious Alpha Male. The first is a little slow, but it gets better..."


The Locked series is also really good :)


message 6: by CoffeeSiren (last edited Jul 28, 2014 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

CoffeeSiren TeaGoddess BookLover I adore all of Stacey Kennedy's books. Stacey Kennedy then we have Joanna Wylde Joanna Wylde also Kim Jones Kim Jones ohhh and Ella Dominguez Ella Dominguez Raine Miller Raine Miller Jamie Mcguire Jamie McGuire ohh and Corey Harper Corey Harperand one last one Diana Gabaldon Diana Gabaldon I am sure I can come up with some more.


Terri Beaupeep wrote: "Well, I'll be watching this thread with interest!"

Ditto


message 8: by Katrina (last edited Jul 28, 2014 07:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katrina Jay Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott Lead (Stage Dive, #3) by Kylie Scott (comes out tomorrow)

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2) by Olivia Cunning Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #5) by Olivia Cunning Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3) by Olivia Cunning Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4) by Olivia Cunning

The Sinners series is a pretty hot series. All the band members have a little Alpha in them and there are some hot scenes in these books :)


Beaupeep Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: "I want a book where the guy takes care of his girl. Loves her, protects her, takes care of her. I want a book where he rescues or s..."

Lot of good suggestions here, but I think it needs to come back to 'aplpeach's' request of an alpha nursing his girl back to health or rescuing her.


Katrina Jay I would say the Until series is a good one for that. All of the women seem to be in some sort of trouble when these brothers rush in to "save her".

Though all of the books I have listed pretty much have something like that. The men in these books kind of come in, take control of things, and save the damsel in some way.


Beaupeep The Until series is a good one, I agree. Loved Nico.


Lauren (aplpeach) Beaupeep wrote: "Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: "I want a book where the guy takes care of his girl. Loves her, protects her, takes care of her. I want a book where he rescues or s..."

Lot of good suggestions here, bu..."


Thank you. I can't find anything like it. I always think I do, but in the end or close to the end of a book. He gets hurt somehow and she is always taking care of him. I want a book where he takes care of her. I constantly looking and haven't quite found it yet. When I do I can use that book as an example to find more LOL


Katrina Jay Beaupeep wrote: "The Until series is a good one, I agree. Loved Nico."

I am reading Until Nico now and really liking it.


message 14: by Dvcbunny (last edited Jul 29, 2014 07:27AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dvcbunny Also try the Corp Security books. I read the first two and they fit your description.

Axel (Corps Security, #1) by Harper Sloan
Cage (Corps Security, #2) by Harper Sloan


message 15: by Geetanjali (last edited Jul 29, 2014 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Geetanjali Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: "Beaupeep wrote: "Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: "I want a book where the guy takes care of his girl. Loves her, protects her, takes care of her. I want a book where he rescues or s..."

Lot of good sug..."


Does that mean you are only looking for alpha heroes who save sad,broken and weak heroines?Then I don't know of any because at the end your argument holds true in most of the stories.

However,there are strong heroines with hidden vulnerability which alpha heroes save them from or help them to deal with,example On Dublin Street by Samantha Young.

If you liked the aforementioned one,then I'd like to suggest Angel After Dark by Kahlen Aymes.It's the first of a trilogy.The second book is also out.I would also like to add Exquisite by Ella Frank.


Jessica Loving this thread and the new recommendations!


Jessica Throttle MeChelle Bliss

All of Chelle Bliss Books have had good Alpha Males in them.

Harper Sloan Corps Security they were amazing.
Until Series was great


message 18: by Gaia (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gaia I agree with Harper Sloan's Corps Security Series and Maya Cross' The Alpha Group trilogy (btw, I think The Locked Series Katrina said are The Alpha Group trilogy: Locked, Unlocked and Lockout; please correct me if I misunderstood). Also you can try any book/series by Kristen Ashley, all her heroes ara Alpha Males.

My to-read list includes the Until Series, your comments made me put them as priority reading. I'm so following this thread! ;D


Katrina Jay Gaia wrote: "I agree with Harper Sloan's Corps Security Series and Maya Cross' The Alpha Group trilogy (btw, I think The Locked Series Katrina said are The Alpha Group trilogy: Locked, Unlocked and Lockout; ple..."

You were right about the Alpha Group series :) I just for some reason associate it with "locked". It is a great series though.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Until series. They are great. She is doing another one for the Mayson family called Assumption and it is about their cousin Kenton. The thing I really enjoy about this series is the fact that you still get to see what is going on with the people in the series. They are fairly quick reads too (at least for me :).


message 20: by Gaia (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gaia Thanks Katrina! Assumption, Obligation and Distraction (Underground Kings) ara now next to the Until series on my list.

Sure you were not thinking about Sebastian Lock when you associated the trilogy with "locked"? I would have been :)


Katrina Jay Gaia wrote: "Thanks Katrina! Assumption, Obligation and Distraction (Underground Kings) ara now next to the Until series on my list.

Sure you were not thinking about Sebastian Lock when you associated the tril..."


Probably :)


message 23: by Madel (last edited Jul 30, 2014 11:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars


Jacquelin Amanda wrote: "This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas Beneath This Man (This Man, #2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas This Man Confessed (This Man, #3) by Jodi Ellen Malpas"



I completely agree with you! I love these books!!


Jacquelin The Naked trilogy is a great one as well!!


Anita Reid Don't forget Men of Steel...Xavier, Zandor, Jase and Cyrus...


Lauren (aplpeach) Anita wrote: "Don't forget Men of Steel...Xavier, Zandor, Jase and Cyrus..."

What is the first book in the series?


Anita Reid Jace.. Can loan them if you want..


Anita Reid Jase...


Anita Reid Also, please check out Little Black Book by Tabatha Vargo, I think it's her first...and while your at it, Vain 1 & 2.. Juicy/funny stuff.


Anita Reid I'm re-reading sweet addiction tonight....


Lauren (aplpeach) Anita wrote: "I'm re-reading sweet addiction tonight...."

what is sweet addiction?


Anita Reid Having sex at your ex-boyfriends wedding. You must read!!!


Lauren (aplpeach) Anita wrote: "Having sex at your ex-boyfriends wedding. You must read!!!"

who is it by?


Anita Reid By J. Daniels..it's gotten great reviews.


Michelle °O° Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Consequence Series... Tony Rawlings

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Prof Emerson ♥

Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) by Raine Miller Ethan Blackstone


Jennifer Michelle wrote: "Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Consequence Series... Tony Rawlings

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Prof Emerson ♥

Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) by Raine Miller Ethan Blackstone"


I'm reading Consequences right now, but I think Tony is an @ss. I haven't read Gabriel yet, but hope to after the Consequences series. I loved Ethan and will eventually read the series again, which I never do, just because I liked him so much.


message 38: by Michelle °O° (last edited Aug 15, 2014 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle °O° Jennifer wrote: "I'm reading Consequences right now, but I think Tony is an @ss...."

He is in this one and I hated him.... but that is what is so great about this series because I became Team Tony!!


Lauren (aplpeach) Michelle wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I'm reading Consequences right now, but I think Tony is an @ss...."

He is in this one and I hated him.... but that is what is so great about this series because I became Team Tony!!"


is this a good series? Does it have Alpha males?


Michelle °O° Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: is this a good series? Does it have Alpha males? .."

I loved this series... it is quite different than FSOG but Tony Rawlings is all ALPHA male


Jennifer Michelle wrote: "Lauren (aplpeach) wrote: is this a good series? Does it have Alpha males? .."

I loved this series... it is quite different than FSOG but Tony Rawlings is all ALPHA male"


I wouldn't consider this a love story by any means. I would think of it more as a psychological thriller. I just finished book one. I don't I've ever hated a character more than I hate Tony. I started book 2. I see a lot of people in the reviews are team Tony??? How does that happen?


Jacquelin Has anyone read DECADENT by shayla black or IF I WERE YOU by Lisa Renee Jones??


message 43: by Stacey (last edited Aug 16, 2014 02:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stacey Jennifer wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Consequence Series... Tony Rawlings

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Prof Emerson ♥

Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) by Raine Miller Ethan Blackstone"

I'm read..."
I agree I hated Tony and he could never redeem himself to me after the things he did. The Kathleen Turner series by Tiffany Snow has two yummy alpha's,Up in the air trilogy by R.K. Lilley, The fever series by Karen Moning is amazing, I loved Dominic by L.A. Casey,Marked by J.M. Sevilla, From Rags by Suzanne Wright extra Alpha but awesome and tough h as well so good, Crash by Nicole Williams, Driven trilogy by K. Bromberg I can go on and on! Love me some alpha's


Jennifer Stacey wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Consequence Series... Tony Rawlings

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Prof Emerson ♥

Naked (The Blackstone Affair, #1) by Raine Miller Ethan Blac..."


Did you read the whole Consequences series? I also read and like the Up in the Air trilogy. I've read the first book in the Fever series. Not sure why every one is so crazy about Barrons... he didn't impress me in the first book. I read Feral Sins by Suzanne Wright, which I loved. That was the first paranormal book I've ever read. I also read the Driven trilogy. Some of the others you've mentioned are on my TBR list. I really liked the Tristan & Danika series spin off from the Up in the Air series. Anything by Gina Maxwell in on my 1-click list. I also enjoyed some books by J.M. Stone, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Maya Banks, Jodi Ellen Malpas and of course Kristen Ashley. I love reading books about alpha males, especially the ones that fall really hard.


message 45: by Stacey (last edited Aug 16, 2014 09:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stacey Jennifer wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Consequence Series... Tony Rawlings

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Prof Emerson ♥

[bookcover:Naked|15852..."

I read the first two in the Consequence series and I always love to cheer for the alpha but Tony did stuff that I couldn't get past as much as I wanted to :-( The fever series is one of my favorites but it takes a couple of the books to really feel Barrons amazingness but so damn worth it! Feral Sins I loved but From Rags is not paranormal but very very good uber alpha! I have so many more different genres. I love motorcycle club books as well, Ravage me,renegade lady,reapers property...AMAZING!!


message 46: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 16, 2014 09:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer Stacey wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Consequences (Consequences, #1) by Aleatha Romig Consequence Series... Tony Rawlings

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Prof Emerson ♥

[book..."


I took a look at your read bookshelf. Looks like we have similar tastes in books. I thought you might enjoy Underestimated by Jetti Woodruff.


Stacey Ty Jennifer I will check it out!


message 48: by Justina (last edited Aug 21, 2014 11:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Justina Smith The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley really, anything by Kristin Ashley. She does alpha males like no other!! Lots of series to get lost in....


Stacey Jacquelin wrote: "Has anyone read DECADENT by shayla black or IF I WERE YOU by Lisa Renee Jones??" I've read the first 2 in the If I were you series. It starts out really good and then continues down hill until you lose interest.


Michelle °O° Jennifer wrote: "I took a look at your read bookshelf. Looks like we have similar tastes in books. I thought you might enjoy Underestimated by Jetti Woodruff..

I started book 2. I see a lot of people in the reviews are team Tony??? How does that happen? "


I Added it TBR list. It does look like a great book.

I don't know how it really happened because I HATED him at the end of the first book.


« previous 1
back to top