What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Season of Yellow Leaf
This topic is about Season of Yellow Leaf
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical fiction. Young girl is kidnapped by native Americans along with her brother. The two are separated and she becomes a slave. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay | 2 comments Im trying to find a book from the 70's-90's about a girl who gets kidnapped from a fort with her brother by a Native American tribe (i don't remember which tribe). They then get seperated and she becomes a slave. In one of the scenes before she gets taken she's fetching water from a river and looks up to see one of the Warriors watching her from the opposite Bank. The book follows her growing up with the tribe. One of the first word she learns is 'water' because she has to fetch it every day. She also befriends a boy named Roadrunner.

The cover (from what i remember) is a prarie with the silhouette of a rider and pony. The colors are mostly blues and yellows.

message 2: by Nat (new)

Nat | 3 comments Was it any of these?

message 3: by Jay (new)

Jay | 2 comments After scouring the reccomends for a billion books i finally found it!

message 4: by Vulco1 (last edited May 11, 2018 06:56AM) (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments What's it called? Sounds good.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Jazmyn added the book link to the topic header - Season of Yellow Leaf by Douglas C. Jones.

message 6: by Vulco1 (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments Got it. Thanks

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Season of Yellow Leaf (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Douglas C. Jones (other topics)