Aussie Readers discussion

Liar's Candle
This topic is about Liar's Candle
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > S&S Australia ARC Giveaway, Liar's Candle - closes 13th May!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon & Schuster Australia (simonschusteraustralia) | 37 comments Hello again everyone, we have some new wonderful ARCs of a brilliant debut thriller, Liar's Candle, set in the US embassy in Turkey. An intelligent, fast-paced spy novel for fans of Olen Steinhauser and Joseph Kanon.

One young woman, Penny Kessler, finds herself at the centre of a deadly plot and marked for death...she is the woman who knows too much. After a bombing at the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, Penny is one of the few to survive and is a crucial witness. In a race to keep from being killed and to uncover the truth, Penny reluctantly partners with Connor Beauregard, a rookie CIA officer on his first overseas assignment. But the two won’t survive unless they can outwit - and outmaneuver - everyone from the Turkish president and his daughter to Islamic extremists, to the US State Department, to the CIA itself.

August Thomas began this novel at age twenty three. Fluent in Turkish, she has traveled and studied in Turkey as the recipient of a Fulbright Scholarship, and holds Master’s degrees from Bogaziçi, Istanbul’s top public university, as well as the University of Edinburgh.

You can learn more about the book and request it here:
http://www.simonandschuster.com.au/c/...

Andrea | 1754 comments Thanks S&S! One of my GR friends reviewed this recently and I thought it sounded fantastic.

message 3: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 72252 comments Mod
Thanks so much S&S - this one sounds fantastic!

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna | 87 comments Sounds like a great and gripping read. Fingers crossed.

Carolyn | 8433 comments That does sound good S&S!

message 6: by Bear (new)

Bear Reads Books (bearreadsbooks) | 6 comments Thanks S&S - this looks great!

message 7: by marlin1 (new) - added it

marlin1 | 413 comments Thank you, this does sound good

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 87 comments Thank you Simon & Schuster. Received my copy of Liar's Candle today and can't wait to start reading it.

message 9: by Deb (new) - rated it 4 stars

Deb | 215 comments Mine has just arrived too! The blurb sounds great.

Carolyn | 8433 comments Thanks S&S for my copy of the book. Looking forward to reading it :)

message 11: by Noelene (new)

Noelene | 364 comments Sounds good

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks s&s for my copy

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.