Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading May 7?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2123 comments Mod
This week I'm starting off with Taunting Tony by Marie James.

message 2: by Stacey (last edited May 06, 2018 09:23PM) (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I read a really good book called Accidental Tryst by Natasha Boyd.

I'm now reading Pestilence by Laura Thalassa, which I'm really enjoying.

I've been very fortunate to receive an ARC of In Bed with the Beast by Tara Sivec, Speakeasy by Sarina Bowen (love the cover) and Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis. Add that to Manda's book, I'm struggling to choose what to read next. Oh, the struggle is real...but I'm thankful for it.

message 3: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
Just finished Courtney Milan’s After the Wedding. As always her plots are fascinating and her character’s reactions are anything but cliche. But I kept thinking that the hero should have seen through his uncle (not a spoiler—you pretty much know from scene one he is trouble) when he grew up. And I wish we had met his parents.
His brother and her little sister were more interesting—the next book is his. So I’m looking forward to that.
I will now read A Devil of a Duke by Hunter.
I finished Balogh's Someone to Care. She's always amazing in her ability to put us in that time and place.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1044 comments Dls wrote: "Just finished Courtney Milan’s After the Wedding. As always her plots are fascinating and her character’s reactions are anything but cliche. But I kept thinking that the hero should have seen throu..."

After the wedding sounds interesting, But, I do not like her latest trend where every novel contains one or more openly queer characters. Not exeactly historical accuracy--they kept secrets from their own families for a reason.

message 5: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just finished Someone to Care by Mary Balogh. I was pleasantly surprised. For some reason I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Not my favorite in this series but still good, but it's Mary Balogh so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Just took advantage of a fantastic deal on Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins. One of the few from her I haven't read yet. So, I think that will be my read this week.

On pins and needles waiting for all the awesome books at the end of the month to publish!!!

message 6: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I've been binge reading all of Lauren Layne's Stiletto and Oxford books.... I was excited to see a review by Stace that she has a new series called Wall street coming out this month! Not sure why I am so into contemporaries at the moment! not my usual MO that is for sure!
Also I have been reading a lot of blogs about #cockygate which I must admit i have found very interesting!

message 7: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm reading an ARC of Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs. It is a departure from her usual stuff, but I am enjoying it. Unfortunately, I'm still writing on those articles that are due next Monday and can read only a chapter or two at a time. That is not my preferred way to read. I like to start a book and read it it straight through the final page.

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I've been binge reading all of Lauren Layne's Stiletto and Oxford books.... I was excited to see a review by Stace that she has a new series called Wall street coming out this mont..."

The #cockygate has been quite shocking. I think I saw a post that a former Trademark lawyer (or something like that) has come out of retirement to fight this. I think he's an author now and was absolutely horrified that it could happen. I hope this all gets sorted out pretty quickly.