A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) A Court of Frost and Starlight discussion

The End! (Spoiler Alert)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ovidio Perez Rhys make it hard enough to knock the picture frames off the wall had me screaming. Like legit screaming and laughing I can't believe Feyre wants a child now. Those two deserve their happily ever after. I still felt bad for Tamlin, because yeah, he deserves all that negativity, but he still helped in the war when it counted. Plus, he helped bring Rhys back from the dead. So, Rhys really shouldn't kick a fae when he's already down. I hope Tamlin finds his own mate, because he deserves a shot at happiness too. I still wonder if Elain will end up with Lucien or Azriel? Because that remains to be a mystery. I'm glad Amren is enjoying her exercises with Varian because we all know what they do behind closed doors. The fact that Amren has to use the toilet now made me laugh and laugh until Elain ruined the moment. I wonder when Mor will come out as a lesbian? Last, but not least Nesta, and we got a sneak preview into the next book. It looks like Feyre is kicking her sister Nesta out into the illyrian mountains with Cassian too. This will be good I get the feeling Nesta will thrive as an illyrian warrior too. I wouldn't doubt it if Nesta became in charge of all the illyain warriors because she is defiant like fire, but I doubt she will like the freezing weather... >.<"

Nikita I'm thinking that Feyre is sending Nesta to the Illyrian Mountains mostly for her to have something to do and maybe get that build up anger out if she has someone to fight and hopefully inspire the females to fight and scare the males. And I hope for Nesta and Cassian romance.

I hope that Tamlin finds happiness or at the very least accepts the consequences of his actions, finds peace with himself, tries to rebuild is own court and tries to be friends with Rhys for the sake of peace between the human and fae worlds.

I would love a Elain and Azriel romance because they both need happiness but I also want Lucien to have happiness too.

Jessica Totally agree with the Nesta/Illyrian thing. Its going to be good for her! The illyrians are a bit more rough around the edges which suits Nesta well - probably better than anything else, really. Plus, lets be honest: Her and Cassian are made for each other. I know it would be corny if all Archeron sisters had mates but I think her and Cassian are as well suited for each other as any couple could be. And i think Nesta will eventually lead the Illyrians somehow alongside Cassian.

Elaine and Lucien should be a thing. I want to Azriel to be happy but the thought of two mates not working out together is such a bummer. I know it happens but to see Lucien have such a hard time with it would suck. He said something weird in the book, though. When talking about how Elaine can't stand to be in the same room as him, he said he can't stand to be in the same room as her either! I hope its because its too hard for him and not because of incompatibility. I think Azriel needs someone who can handle his darkness and I'm not sure Elaine is that person. Lucien may do some hard things at times but he is more a diplomat than a warrior. Azriel is a warrior through and through and I think someone like that fire-queen who is a bird through the curse would be better for him!

message 4: by Ovidio (last edited May 07, 2018 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ovidio Perez Jessica wrote: "Totally agree with the Nesta/Illyrian thing. Its going to be good for her! The illyrians are a bit more rough around the edges which suits Nesta well - probably better than anything else, really. P..."

Ooo Jessica that is a good match up Azriel with the fire-queen who is a bird. Those two would make a lovely couple and would understand each other better. The fire bird is cursed and Azriel has a dark past. I think they can both sympathize with each other. Honestly, I am rooting for Lucien and Elain, but I worry because Elain keeps on avoiding Lucien like the plague. Also, don't be surprise when you see Nesta leading the Illyrian warriors. I can totally see her take charge of everyone and be the boss. She might need to prove her worth first... x']

miriam I really hope Mor comes out in the next book! I can't wait to see Nesta become a badass Illyrian warrior. I didn't like her behavior with Feyre or Elain in this book, and I understand that what she did in the war has changed her, but she could at least try. Maybe she resents Feyre but what did Elain do to her? Also, she's apparently not friends with Amren anymore, so what's with that?
I don't know who to ship with Elain, like Azriel and her would be so cute but I like Lucien and he's her mate! I can't wait to see what the bigger plot of the next books will be about because I don't think the three of them will be about Nesta letting go of her anger and learning to live with her new self - even though I'm sure this will happen too.

Elise Backer Does anyone think that the next series is going to focus on Nesta? I don’t mean to offend anyone but in my opinion I would be kind of sad if it was. All of the other characters are SO much more interesting and fun and I would be really disappointed if the next books were focused on Nesta. I just love Feyre and Rhys so much I want to hear more from them!

Ovidio Perez Elise wrote: "Does anyone think that the next series is going to focus on Nesta? I don’t mean to offend anyone but in my opinion I would be kind of sad if it was. All of the other characters are SO much more int..."

Honestly from what I noticed from this book was the Author swapping around from different characters to get different perspectives. I'm pretty sure she will do the same in the next book. Even if she doesn't I don't mind reading about Nesta or Elain. Because what the Author writes always turns to gold when I'm reading it and I don't want to stop... >.<"

Sibella I felt as if Sarah in ACOFAS was moving away from the High Lord and Lady.
Feyre and Rhysand are now creating a new life together with their court and perhaps having children in the next books.

Maybe Sarah is focusing more on Nesta, Elain, Cassian, Mor, and Azriel, now because they don't have (accepted) mating bonds or plans for the future as much.
They still have so much healing to do and have not been as focused on in the novels.
It perhaps is time to tell their stories and we can hear more of their histories and what has shaped them.

As long as Sarah keeps dipping in and out of Rhysand and Feyre's story and their Court of Dreams I do think it would be interesting to see a focus on Nesta, Elain, Cassian, Mor, and Azriel simply because we don't hear from them as often and so much of their pasts are unknown. :)

Fire heart When Feyre sends Nesta to the training camps...
I was actually a bit happy because that means that the next book is going to have a lot of Nessian.
I SHIP THEM!

message 10: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Allan I think Aerial is going to end up with Elain, But this disappoints me because i think aerial doesn't need a girl , what he needs is a little sister to care for and look after. It would be adorable! There for lucien is the better choice. I feel like they could be a cute couple but, the relationship would need some evolving.
Fryer's little boy is going to have to be adorable, and the bone carver said her first child was a boy which also means she's going to have more than one!

message 11: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Allan Mor NEEDS to fed up to Aerial if anythings going to happen there. Cassian can't play the go between 4ever, and it's hurting Aerial. There characters would also develop a lot better without thee burden so Mor...

message 12: by Kira (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kira Nieves Was anyone else annoyed that Feyre decided to do a complete 180 and decide to have kids so soon? I completely agreed with their decision to wait back in ACOMAF because it made sense but now they're just disregarding it? Didn't they make a pact that if one of them dies then other would die as well because they wouldn't want to be without each other? If that's the case then bringing a child into the mix and then if one parent died and then the other deciding to die as well, which would leave their child an orphan, seems very selfish to me. Plus the world is still healing and there are new troubles brewing close to home and the everlasting peace they want so badly is still far off so why the hell would you want to bring a kid into that before it's accomplished? Plus Feyre's only 21! Ya'll have got so many years ahead of you. You can stand to wait.

message 13: by WinterRose (last edited Feb 04, 2019 09:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

WinterRose ^I think after the war it changed her perspective. She saw so much death that she didn't want to wait, which I can understand. I'm sort of indifferent on the matter and don't care either way.

As for ships, I do think Elain and Azriel will end up together. As much as I love Lucien, he's made it clear that he doesn't want to be with Elain either--it's not just her. It feels very forced for both of them. Elain shows more interest in Azriel and Lucien shows more in Vassa. So I feel like the best way for them to all be happy is to go that route.

I think it'd be very interesting if the bond ended up being more like a brother/sister love. I think they'll both reject the bond because they just don't click romantically.

Annie Elise wrote: "Does anyone think that the next series is going to focus on Nesta? I don’t mean to offend anyone but in my opinion I would be kind of sad if it was. All of the other characters are SO much more int..."
i really want the book to be in the future and follow the perspective of feyre and Rhys's child!

Nikita WinterRose wrote: "^I think after the war it changed her perspective. She saw so much death that she didn't want to wait, which I can understand. I'm sort of indifferent on the matter and don't care either way.

As ..."

I don't know about Lucien not wanting to be with Elain. He does seem to be fond of her and it's not because they are mates. Elain is still trying to adjust to her new fae life and her visions aren't helping. I do like the friendship she has with Azriel and I want all three of them to be happy. But in the end, I think Lucien should be with Vassa because she needs someone strong, loyal and good in her life and while I don't know that much about Vassa I think she would be good for Lucien. Azriel is someone who understands Elain and both of them seem to complete each other.

WinterRose I agree. I think Lucien respects Vassa too which is a good building block. Feyre even noted how he was smiling and blushing around Vassa so he’s clearly into her.

There’s an ongoing theory in the books that sometimes the mating bond is wrong, like with Tamlins parents. This may be the case here. It will be an interesting take if Maas goes the route of a more friendship/sibling mate bond than romantic, like parabatai in Cassandra Clare books.