Play Book Tag discussion

Artemis
This topic is about Artemis
Archive: Other Books > Artemis by Andy Weir - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2316 comments Artemis is the first lunar colony and Jasmine Bashara has lived there for 20 years. She makes her living as a courier but her main income is from smuggling. Jas is not a particularly successful petty criminal but she is smart, ambitious and daring. When she is approached by an acquaintance to pull off an attack on equipment used by a large corporation, Jas jumps at the chance. Once she is in the midst of her dangerous mission, it becomes clear to Jas that there is much more at stake than the takeover of a rival company. The entire city of Artemis and all of its inhabitants are about to be wiped off the face of the moon.

As much as I loved "The Martian" I hoped for another great story from Weir. Not so much. I was terribly lost and confused with all of the technical jargon. The audio, however, was quite well done with Rosario Dawson.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I’ve seen so many Luke warm reviews of this. Enough for me to take it off my TBR.

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments I'm saving this one for whenever the "space" tag pops up again, lol.

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments I was disappointed in Weir follow up novel too, but, because of The Martian, I look forward to his third book.