Polls for Our Souls discussion

I Need Recommendations > Horror books with religion involved?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ash (new)

Ash HC (ashwednesdayreads) Hey does anyone know of any horror/thriller type books with religious elements? Like maybe set in a religious setting like a nunnery or monastery or something like that?

message 2: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) Daughters Unto Devils is the only one i can think of off the top of my head

message 3: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) oh and The Moth Diaries is a horror set in a catholic boarding school and it's one of my favorite books

message 4: by Ash (new)

Ash HC (ashwednesdayreads) dg wrote: "oh and The Moth Diaries is a horror set in a catholic boarding school and it's one of my favorite books"

thanks!!

message 5: by Ash (new)

Ash HC (ashwednesdayreads) ♬ ❀ ♕ || Moonlet Tiberias || Moonwatcher || Chara Dreemurr || ᏇℐℕTℰℛᏇᎯTℂℋℰℛ || * Humans are trash, especially me || ♕ ❀ ♬ wrote: "Carrie is about a Christian girl and her mother. Her mother is always pressing her about the religion and calling Carrie a monster and a sinner because of her powers"

i've read that, thank you! it's so good

message 6: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta A Head Full of Ghosts - about a girl who is "possessed" and her family's attempt to exorcise her, while their lives are being turned into a reality TV show.

I second the rec of Moth Diaries.

message 7: by Ash (new)

Ash HC (ashwednesdayreads) Cendaquenta wrote: "A Head Full of Ghosts - about a girl who is "possessed" and her family's attempt to exorcise her, while their lives are being turned into a reality TV show.

I second the rec of Mot..."

ooh that sounds good, thanks!

message 8: by Randa (new)

Randa Mathias (randa_mathias) Little Heaven by Nick Cutter is really good.

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 56 comments I've not read the book but I am currently watching the TV adaptation of The Sinner and it is so gripping! Her mum is a religious fanatic and a lot of her character arc is around how she views herself and sin (duh!). There seems to be a larger plot involved with rituals of some sort. Very mysterious still but I love it and can't wait to read the book.