What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Harlequin Vintage about a man planning a fake imaginary courtship and then kidnapping the girl so no one would suspect. he marries her

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karishma (new)

Karishma | 4 comments A book about a man who kidnaps a woman and marries her. He brings her to his country side house. He had planned an imaginary courtship so his staff were nor surprised by her sudden arrival. I think he had kids too <---- Not sure. I think she tried jumping from a window to get away from him as well.

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizberry) | 63 comments following

message 3: by Karishma (new)

Karishma | 4 comments The couple have an age gap. The hero is much older to the heroine.

message 4: by Juels (last edited May 11, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Juels | 2563 comments Why did he have to kidnap her? Was this for revenge? Did he love her?

How long ago did you read it? Is this contemporary or historical? Any idea where it was set?

message 5: by Karishma (new)

Karishma | 4 comments It was contemporary. Set in the 70's 80's I guess. He definitely did not love her. There was some kind of a vendetta. Maybe against her family. Not sure. I read it about 5 years ago, but it was very old.

message 6: by Karishma (new)

Karishma | 4 comments I just remembered this, but I am not sure whether this happened in this book, or a different book altogether.

The heroine lived with her parents, in a small town or village, and the hero came to meet her. They walked in a park, fed some ducks.

Again I am not sure whether it was this book or not.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Karishma, are you still looking for this or did you find it?