Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

Heyer in General > Heyer Books on Sale or Free

Comments Showing 1-50 of 207 (207 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 2747 comments Mod
Georgette Heyer books go on sale at various times throughout the year, on various websites, so this is a dedicated thread where we can all list current GH sales information.

The Black Moth should always be available for free as an ebook at Amazon USA or Project Gutenberg.

message 2: by Critterbee❇ (last edited May 06, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

Teresa found this special:

False Colours is on sale on both Amazon UK and America right now.

UK Amazon

The Amazon USA sale seems to be over, and currently shows a price of USD 9.99.

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments It's still showing up for me at $1.19 so it must be for Europe only.

message 4: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Thanks, Teresa, that is good to know.

I should have said that it appears to me in the US as $9.99.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Bath Tangle Bath Tangle by Georgette Heyer
is currently $2.25 on kindle.us, and also $2.99 AUD in Australia.

message 6: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments Ooh lovely. Trying to collect them all on kindly at reasonable prices.

message 7: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Yeah me too. I've gotten a few over the last few months. You just need to check kindle about once a month and there's usually one or more on sale :D

I have all the HRs in paperback, but the pages have yellowed and the font is so tiny that I struggle to read them, so much prefer the ease of reading on kindle with its backlight and adjustable font size.

message 8: by Jan (last edited May 15, 2018 05:03PM) (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Arabella, A Civil Contract, False Colors, April Lady, Sylvester, Sprig Muslin, An Infamous Army, Beauvallet, The Conquerer, Simon The Coldheart, Royal Escape are all only $3.76US on kindle, at the moment, or $4.99AUD on kindle Australia.

Bath Tangle also still at the reduced price in message #5 above.

message 9: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schneider (triciaschneider) | 5 comments I just bought the paperback versions of Friday's Child for $1.29 and Footsteps in the Dark $2.99 at my local Ollie's Bargain Outlet. I'm not sure how often these stores get the same kind of books, but I thought I'd mention it if anyone has an Ollie's nearby to check out.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments Hey there!

Cotillion is $2.99 in the US kindle store and also is now in KU (kindle unlimited).

message 11: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments Thanks for the heads up Andrea.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments Teresa wrote: "Thanks for the heads up Andrea."

Teresa,

As soon as I saw it posted in another group, I thought I should let everyone know1

Its in my top three!

message 13: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments Unfortunately it's coming up at $5.31 for me. It seems to be different for different countries. Happened to me last month. Posted a sale of one of her books and it was coming up dearer for others. This always amazes me. What difference does it make where you live!!

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments Teresa wrote: "Unfortunately it's coming up at $5.31 for me. It seems to be different for different countries. Happened to me last month. Posted a sale of one of her books and it was coming up dearer for others. ..."

Oh dear!

I'm sorry that it isn't a markdown where you live.

Unfair!

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Yes, sadly it's $12.99 AUD on amazon.australia. :/

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments Jan130 wrote: "Yes, sadly it's $12.99 AUD on amazon.australia. :/"

Yikes!

I got most of the kindle editions for the romances for $2.99 USD as apart of a price reduction in honor of her birthday. I think it was her 110 birthday.

message 17: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Nice.

message 18: by Nick (new)

Nick Imrie (nickimrie) | 443 comments I'm always really cynical about Amazon pricing games. Do you think the prices stay up in one region when they go down in another because a significant number of people in Aus hear from Americans that the price is gone down, go to check, and then buy it anyway because they're there and they quite want it?

message 19: by Critterbee❇ (new)

In the past, I have noticed pricing on Amazon can:

a) change very quickly

b) be different for different regions within the USA at the same time

message 21: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments April Lady doesn't seem to be available at all on kindle Australia. Same for A Civil Contract. I think pretty much all of the others are available. Weird.

None on sale today here, but sales do randomly crop up for individual books now and then. e.g. Bath Tangle was $2.99 for quite a while but now it's jumped back up to $12.99. Luckily I snapped it up while it was cheap.

message 22: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments Yes even as an avid Georgette Heyer I wouldn't pay $12.99 for it.

message 23: by Critterbee❇ (new)

The past two years, on Amazon (US, at least, I don't remember about UK or Aus) they have a sale around her birthday, which is when I snabbled them all up.

Jay-me (Janet)  | 111 comments ❇Critterbee wrote: "The past two years, on Amazon (US, at least, I don't remember about UK or Aus) they have a sale around her birthday, which is when I snabbled them all up."

I don't think we got a sale here in the UK.
There are several that are 99p on kindle at the moment - but not any that I am looking out for.

message 25: by Jan (last edited Jul 01, 2018 03:53PM) (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Over the last few months there have been random sales of random titles on amazon.au - a couple each month or so it seems. I just keep an eye on things and have managed to score quite a few cheapies. But yeah. I'm reluctant to pay the high full prices.

message 26: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments I have all the Heyer's in paperback for many years but the old eyesight isn't too good for the last while so I'm watching out for the sales for kindle. I have quite a few now but of course I don't have Arabella on kindle yet. Isn't it always the way!!

message 27: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments I luckily picked up Arabella on sale back in May. It's an old fav so I grabbed it - I think it was $4.99. Now it's back to $12.99.

I too find that my old paperbacks with the yellowed pages and the size 10 font are hard to read, and I prefer my backlit kindle with the adjustable font size.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments A Civil Contract A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer is $2.99 in the .com kindle store!

message 29: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:27PM) (new)

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 363 comments The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer The Unknown Ajax is also $2.99, and (sorry) that one's a lot more fun than A Civil Contract. ;)

I ran a search on Amazon and those two are the only GH books on a Kindle sale right now.

message 30: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments They all appear on sale at some point or other. I have about six of them now that I got on sale. You have to keep a look out.

message 31: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (azureyle) | 2 comments Thanks Andrea... I didn't have A Civil Contract and bought it the minute I saw your post.

message 32: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 229 comments Sadly (and weirdly) A Civil Contract is just not available at all on kindle Australia. The others are available, though. Unknown Ajax is still normal price here too. Teresa, you're right. Just gotta keep your eyes open for those occasional sales.

message 33: by Teresa (new)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments Laurie wrote: "Thanks Andrea... I didn't have A Civil Contract and bought it the minute I saw your post."

Laurie,

I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of it!

message 35: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (azureyle) | 2 comments Georgette Heyer's birthday is August 16 and I've seen posts saying watch for sales of her books on that day. I've set an alert to go off that day to look for sales. I'm hopeful of filling out my GH collection and have set aside a budget to have funds available that day.

message 36: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Laurie wrote: "Georgette Heyer's birthday is August 16 and I've seen posts saying watch for sales of her books on that day. I've set an alert to go off that day to look for sales. I'm hopeful of filling out my GH..."

I am prepared! I need to get a few of her mysteries and some of her historicals.

message 37: by Susan in NC (last edited Aug 03, 2018 07:15PM) (new)

Susan in NC (susanncreader) | 3735 comments I need a few of her Regencies I lucked out and got several of her mysteries, spines barely cracked, a few years ago at our local used bookstore. I do have some of her Regencies as gifts from my dear mother when she worked at a bookstore, but some of them were the Harlequin reissues with regrettable covers, or no cover at all (bookstores “strip” off covers so they can’t be resold, I was told...)

message 38: by Teresa (new)

message 39: by Hana (last edited Aug 22, 2018 01:31PM) (new)

Hana | 652 comments Don't forget that Amazon owns Goodreads and also understands the concept of 'surge pricing'. One the one hand I'm glad we are encouraging Amazon to make these older titles more available, on the other I'm irritated by more evidence that our comments and links also have the effect of increasing prices for our friends.

message 40: by Hana (new)

Hana | 652 comments P.S. AbeBooks is also a subsidiary of Amazon. No escape.

message 41: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Madam Mod (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4563 comments Mod
Amazon is also doing a more determined job of hiding it's freebies. I'm a really determined cheapskate, but sometimes I really have to dig!

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments Teresa wrote: "Just saw this on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..."

I wonder why it’s off the market?

message 43: by Hana (new)

Hana | 652 comments I'm with you, Carol! Keep up the good work. I wonder if it would help if we PM members....but that's probably monitored too.

message 44: by Hana (last edited Aug 22, 2018 01:38PM) (new)

Hana | 652 comments Interesting, Teresa and Andrea....When I first checked this offer is was available for non Amazon Prime members at over $(US)11, then when I refreshed the page it was listed as unavailable. Great mysteries of global algorithms.

message 45: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments Don't understand that Hana. Still coming up for me and at the same price. Maybe it's to do with regions. Sometimes people post sales here and when I access it I can't buy at that price.

message 46: by Susan in NC (new)

Susan in NC (susanncreader) | 3735 comments I bet that’s it, I’ve noticed it as well.

message 47: by Critterbee❇ (new)

I have also noticed the same item being different prices in the US (different states) and between here and Australia AT the same time.

Susan in Perthshire (susanageofaquarius) | 1244 comments And of course when I see offers that are available on the USA/Australia sites - they are not on offer in the UK; and when we have the offers - they are nowhere else. Frustrating!

message 49: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1859 comments /www.amazon.com/Cousin-Kate-Georgette-...

This is coming up on Amazon for me at the moment.

message 50: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne | 27 comments The Devil’s cub is in the Australian Amazon shop as a daily deal today for $4.99 if you don’t have it.

« previous 1 3 4 5