Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Harkaway's Sixth Column
This topic is about Harkaway's Sixth Column
Book Issues > Wrong original publication date

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mrsgeo | 87 comments The original publication date is given as 1 June 1985. However, it was first published by Hutchinson in 1983. This information is from my paperback copy which was published in 1984.

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited May 06, 2018 08:10AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments What is the ISBN of your paperback copy? It looks as if that needs to be added to the database.

EDIT: I found this edition which should have a 1984 pub date and added a cover.

Harkaway's Sixth Column

Also added the details to the 1983 edition and fixed the original publication date.

message 3: by Mrsgeo (last edited May 06, 2018 08:25AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mrsgeo | 87 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "What is the ISBN of your paperback copy? It looks as if that needs to be added to the database.

EDIT: I found this edition which should have a 1984 pub date and added a cover.

[book:Harkaway's Si..."

0099329603 which is the ISBN used by the other paperback version.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Mrsgeo wrote: "0099329603 which is the ISBN used by the other paperback version. "

That is the ISBN on the edition I linked. Does yours have a different cover?

Mrsgeo | 87 comments I have the same problem with The Unforgiving Wind also by John Harris. No ISBN for this as it's too old. The original publication date is 1963, also by Hutchinson. My paperback edition is published in 1966.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Added the 1963 hardcover and corrected original publication date.