What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy! Girl, magic tree and monsters?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matilde (new)

Matilde Tafjord Rødhammer | 2 comments Hi I'm new here! And I'm having a hard time finding a book that I read like in 2016. Its about this girl living with her best friend. She is a gladiator-ish fighter and works along with a much older man (which she is sleeping with too), but nobody knows she's a girl when she fights, because she wears a helmet. Her best friend is a thief for a living, btw.
In her spare time she teaches kids to fight with swords.
The place is like a arabic sort of country. With markets and stuff. Her mother dissapeared when she was young and placed her with a friend who raised her, he was strict and she worked in his shop from day one. And tjere is a magic tree involved (im sure of it! If I'm not mixing two books together)
Can anyone help me? Im stuck. Very stuck. I'll be forever grateful to anyone who can give me a tip. Thank you so much!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments How old was the girl? Was it a YA book?

I thought it sounded like something meant for teenagers until you mentioned the girl sleeping with an older man.

message 3: by Matilde (new)

Matilde Tafjord Rødhammer | 2 comments Ahh around 18 maybe? I dont exactly remember. But I dont think it was a typical YA book

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments I notice your profile says you're in Norway.

Did you read the book in English?