Editors and Writers discussion

Mental health memoir manuscript. Editing needed!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Maylea | 2 comments Hi :)

I have a manuscript approx 84,000 words and im looking for some help/quotes

Its a mental health memoir that im hoping to publish to raise awareness.
Unfortunately I dont work full time and it seems like an impossible feat to get it up to standard with the little budget I have.

Im hoping to get it edited and proofread with the layout etc being looked at but know this comes at a cost understandably.

I am not a writer per se just someone with a personal story so i'm looking for someone who can possibly help / give advice or advise maybe how i can find someone maybe starting out?

Thank you
Katie

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (chris83) | 5 comments I could take a look at the first several pages for you and give you a quote. It would probably be about $1000 for a full copyedit. I can definitely help you with a critique on pacing, help with the outline, etc. I also have personal experience in mental health. Contact me anytime and we can talk.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Torre | 12 comments Hi Katie,
I would be happy to do a sample edit for you, to better gauge your needs and cost for your project. I have experience in editing memoirs. Please feel free to contact me.

jenntorre@verizon.net

message 4: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (drumgenie) | 87 comments Hi Katie!
I'd love to talk to you more about your memoir and editing needs. I offer a 1,000-word sample edit and can provide various packages and quotes. Please feel free to check out my website for more information, and if you feel like I may be a good fit for you, please feel free to fill out a form submission or email me directly.
Thanks and best of luck!
Silvia

www.silviasreading.webs.com
silviasreadingcorner@gmail.com

message 5: by Morgan (last edited May 10, 2018 10:32AM) (new)

Morgan Lee | 38 comments Hi Katie!

If you have not found an editor as of yet, I would be happy to help you! I too offer a sample edit for the first 5 pages of your manuscript. Please fill out the form on my website and then we can talk about a specific quote based on your needs! I look forward to hearing from you.

https://morganleej.wordpress.com/edit...

Morgan

message 6: by Callie (new)

Callie Walker | 1 comments Hello Katie,

I have just started a proofreading business and would love to offer my proofreading services to you once you've gotten your editing complete. Proofreaders look at the finer details of the final draft to make sure everything is spelled and punctuated correctly, because sometimes even editors need a fresh pair of eyes once they've read through a manuscript a couple of times. If you're interested, you can check out my website, proofcorrections.wixsite.com/callie, or my facebook page, facebook.com/proofcorrections, for more details.

Hope this helps and good luck!

-Callie