What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

In the Shadow of Blackbirds
This topic is about In the Shadow of Blackbirds
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Historical YA fiction. Teenage girl gets struck by lightning and can see ghosts. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new) - added it

Alice | 2 comments hi, i’m looking for a book i borrowed from a local library sometime between 2010-2016. it was a YA novel about a girl who had to move away from home and stay with her aunt because tuberculosis was rife in the city she lived in. it was set in the past maybe between 1910-1940 in america when tb was a huge problem.

there’s a guy who takes pictures of people and then ghosts are in the pictures and M/C is very sceptical about him. i’m fairly sure there’s also a few mentions of a dead guy that the M/C used to know who was somehow related to the photography guy. i also think there is actually “old photographs” printed in the book but i’m not 100% on that.

i also remember that the girl gets struck by lightning and is dead for a few moments. after that, she starts seeing ghosts. there’s one scene i remember quite vividly when she’s lying in bed and suddenly feels very unnerved and like she can’t move and then she forces herself to turn over and sees the ghost of somebody (i think the dead boy i mentioned before?) lying on the floor beside her bed.

i was only young when i read it so i think i chickened out pretty quickly and returned it to the library without finishing it but i’d love to pick it up again if anybody knows what book it is.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Cheryl A | 68 comments In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters

MC moves from Washington State to live with aunt in San Diego. Spirit photography. Gets struck by lighting in a tree at her aunts house.

message 4: by Alice (new) - added it

Alice | 2 comments that’s it!! thank you so much!!

Cheryl A | 68 comments You're welcome!! I loved this title and have been following the author since this debut book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jade Green (other topics)
In the Shadow of Blackbirds (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cat Winters (other topics)