Henrico County Public Library discussion

What Are You Reading? > Happy Free Comic Book Day!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa K | 16 comments In honor of Free Comic Book Day, tell us about a comic or graphic novel you've enjoyed lately.

I'm into Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughn. A group of friends just trying to get the hometown newspaper delivered in 1988 get sucked into time wars.

I tried Pilkey's Dog Man because we just can't keep it on the shelf here at Glen Allen. Got about 8 pages in and that was as much of kinda gross grade schooler humor as I could take.

And just now I spotted webcomic artist Sarah Anderson's collection Herding Cats on our NEW shelf and had to check it out because of the title.

message 2: by Lindsey (last edited May 05, 2018 12:42PM) (new)

Lindsey (lindsbrary) I've had my eye on Paper Girls for a while but haven't gotten there yet. Glad to know you're enjoying them!

I've been reading a graphic nonfiction book about the history, maintenance, & appeal of photo booths called Photobooth: A Biography. Enjoying it a lot! I really like how the graphic format supports the explanation of how the machines work & makes each booth the author's visited seem like a distinct space.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa K | 16 comments Lindsey wrote: "I've had my eye on Paper Girls for a while but haven't gotten there yet. Glad to know you're enjoying them!

I've been reading a graphic nonfiction book about the history, maintenance, & appeal of ..."

brb, looking up Photobooth!

message 4: by Ame (new)

Ame (ameb33) | 43 comments Lisa wrote: "I'm into Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughn. A group of friends just trying to get the hometown newspape..."
Just finished Vol. 4 of Paper Girls thanks to hoopla, and I'm already pining for the next collection.

I'm currently obsessed with all of the Archie Comics Horror Imprints. Recently read Jughead: The Hunger issue 5, and I reread both Afterlife with Archie and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for the THIRD time over the past week. I don't know why I love them so much - perhaps it's the macabre and the gore intertwined with the typically Pleasantville atmostphere of Riverdale? If anyone watches the CW show Riverdale, I need to gossip with you immediately.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa K | 16 comments I think I am a season behind on Riverdale - I tore through what Netflix offered!

message 6: by Barbie (new)

Barbie | 19 comments I just saw Infinity Wars over the weekend and I think I need to binge on my favorite Marvel series.

message 7: by Ame (new)

Ame (ameb33) | 43 comments Lisa wrote: "I think I am a season behind on Riverdale - I tore through what Netflix offered!"

The 2nd season is spectacularly goofy. Highly recommend!