What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Believing Lies
This topic is about Believing Lies
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. H and h met at bar, h was engaged to cheater who was caught, met back up. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Jun 10, 2018 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments It's a contemporary romance, but I'm not sure about the exact year, I think it might have been read around 2010 to 2018. As far as I know, the book is not part of a series. Helping a friend look.

Spoilers:

The hero and heroine first met at a diner/bar where the hero's best friend was working. The heroine was out with her cousin(?), who was also her best friend and maid of honour. Her cousin goes to talk to the hero's best friend and the hero goes to sit with the heroine. At this point in time, the heroine is still engaged to another guy, and rebuffs the hero when she thought he was flirting with her.

The heroine's fiancé cheated on her, and she caught him with the other woman. The heroine was in the midst of planning their wedding, and went out with her mother and cousin to look at flowers. She came home early for some reason and found her fiancé with the other woman. She then breaks up with him and moves in with her cousin. (She may or may not have flushed her engagement ring down the toilet, I can't remember exactly.)

I remember a scene from the book where the heroine's cousin drags her to the beach to bring her mood up, and the hero and his best friend show up with jet skis. They have a good time until the ex-fiance shows up to confront the heroine. The ex-fiance's best friend saw the heroine with the hero on the jet skis and called the ex-fiance. The ex-fiance wanted to get back together, but they end up having a confrontation and the heroine refused to get back together with him.

The heroine's cousin and the hero's best friend end up dating. Which means the hero and heroine end up spending more time together. The heroine and her cousin live together, and the hero and his best friend live together.

The heroine ends up pregnant with the hero's baby, but put off on telling him about it. Then one day, there ex-fiance showed up and wanted to reconcile, and he and the heroine end up in a shouting match. Somehow, the hero overhears (and may have dropped the pizza he was carrying) and thinks that the heroine is pregnant with the ex-fiance's baby. The heroine goes after him, and goes to his house/apartment to wait for him. The hero was out getting drunk, and when he gets back to his room, he saw the heroine there and said lots of mean things to her. She tries to tell him about how the baby is his, and I can't remember exactly what happened, but the heroine leaves his house and they have a period of separation. The hero tries and finally succeeds in winning her back in the end.

message 2: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 766 comments Sounds awesome hope you find it.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments Thank you both for the suggestions, i am reading believing lies right now and I will let you know when my friend gets back to me or if its a match to me ;) behind her eyes will be read next wether its a match already or not it still looks good!

I will let you know either way!

Amanda (amanda_redpeach) | 253 comments It is definitely Believing Lies by Rachel Everleigh!

Thank you Ayshe!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Believing Lies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Everleigh (other topics)