The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Raven Boys
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Elena & Krissy - The Raven Boys

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 4 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5935 comments Mod
Elena & Krissy - The Raven Boys

Elena | 1382 comments here! I will be ready to start in a day or two. you ?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Ready when you are :)

Elena | 1382 comments ok cool ! tonight I can start ! or tomorrow morning latest ... so let's do this! :D

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'll start tonight :)

Elena | 1382 comments cool!

Elena | 1382 comments i'm about 3 hours in .... a lot of names and characters :D
so far , interesting ... but I the whole "if I kiss him he dies" plot is a little silly . I mean - don't kiss him - done.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'm only a little over 2 hours in. I'm listening to it on a slower speed than I normally would because I don't want to miss anything. I googled a characters list so I can keep everybody straight until I have them all memorized.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'm a little over 6 hours in. So far I'm enjoying it. Especially now that I have all the characters memorized. I hope this relationship between Blue and Adam doesn't turn messy since we know he isn't her actual true love. And I wonder if her kiss will only kill her true love or can it kill anybody she kisses? I don't remember that detail

Elena | 1382 comments Yes , Blue and Adam....
But remember at the beginning- in the diner , was it Gainsey that offered to pay her to come to their table and talk to Adam? How come she didn’t recognize him as the “spirit” she saw in front of th church with her mother/aunt??

The whole kiss/kill thing is that whom she kisses will die and her true love will die . Sooo im not sure if those can be exclusive or .... if she will kill anyone she kisses or just her true love :)

Im at about 7 hrs now....

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments She didn't recognize him because she couldn't really see him in detail before. This is how it described his "spirit" self:

"He was not quite transparent, but he wasn’t quite there, either. His figure was as murky as dirty water, his face indistinct. There was no identifying feature to him apart from his youth."

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'm about where you are. A little over 7 hours

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I should have seen the Noah thing coming but I was oblivious

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Adam you idiot

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments Finished!

Elena | 1382 comments Sorry , went away to Montreal for the weekend and didn’t have internet most of the time so couldn’t msg you! Done , too!
Yeah - Adam - seriously?!? Why?!? So he’s not dead but he’s possessed by the forest?! Or am i wrong?!

And Noah ... yeah - they kept talking about him looking weird , pale and half alive , but i was totally not expecting him to have been dead for 7 yrs and a ghost!!
In retrospect-it was kinda obvious :)

And Neve’s body was never found?! They just thought she disappeared?!

Overall - i liked it, even though it took me longer to read than usual .... the first half was a little drawn out and boring , but the second half really picked up!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I'll definitely be continuing the story. It's only a 4 book series whichis totally doable. Unlike series with 10+ books that feel like I'll never finish them!

I hope you had a great trip to Montreal! Though I don't know how you survived without internet! Lol

Did you still want to read Demon Lover?

Elena | 1382 comments I had very spotty wifi in the hotel and during the 3 days i was busy with hubby and kids and “exploring Montreal” so I didn’t have too much trouble without the internet ! :)

Yes - im still down for Demon Lover... can start tonight or tomorrow. You?

Elena | 1382 comments And definitely want to continue with Raven Boys too

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I can start Demon Lover tomorrow.

Want to read The Dream Thieves next month?

Elena | 1382 comments yes, I do ! yayy

Elena | 1382 comments Ok , here is our thread for Demon Lover

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Elena | 1382 comments crap ... was I not supposed to created it by myself but ask Denise to do it ?!
Lol, I just spared her the work, lol

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3330 comments I don't think it'll matter lol

Elena | 1382 comments hahahaha I take this too seriously :D:D:D