Territories > The Ocean

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
The ocean is right beside the forest

message 2: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
The usual salty spray made Ana's hair crusty as she padded down the beach, her boots sinking into the wet sand. She carried a large bundle of logs in her arms, enjoying the physical activity it provided.

message 3: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Somewhere further down the beach, the larger than normal night fury is staring at the waves, growling. The waves were mean. They taunted him, going in to tickle his paws but retreated before he could properly pounce on them.

Approaching him, Ana drops the logs at his paws, wiping dampness from her forehead. "YOU can bring them back to the vabin, you oversized lizard. Why is it I am the one who always-"

She breaks off as further down the beach there is a commotion, eyebrow quirking. She watches the large dragon catch a falling figure - a human? - along with the ungraceful landing.

"Company," she mutters. Bayod scents the air, tail twitching excidedly and leaves his rider to trot over to the dragon and rider.

message 4: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((um...I actually do both, I don't really care, either or))

message 5: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((present then XD ))

message 6: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
DO past, we will do past tense then!))

"Where the bloody heck are you going?" Ana calls after her dragon.

Trotting, Bayod lets out a low croon, warning the strangers of his approach.

message 7: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((That's funny, mine is on the run as well))

Bayod rumbles in greeting, tail stiff as he raises his head, trying to catch wind of their scent.

PAnting, Ana jogs up to her dragon. It was unusual for her fury to be so friendly; normally they avoided strangers like the plague, and Bayod executed much more caution than this.
Reaching his side, Ana tries to catch her breat, eyeing over the strangers. Her gaze travels over the proud beast by the stranger rider, admiring the unusual set of scale color.

message 8: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((I got mine. WInging it was a pun? XD))

Bayod stiffens once they are within range, extending his neck to exchange breaths with the stranger dragon.
Ana stays where she is beside him, feeling no inclination to greet them herself, her suspicions keeping her quiet.

message 9: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod croons playfully, lashing out a paw to bat at the new dragon, before with a lash of his tail, goes to show off his pouncing skills on the waves.

Ana eyes over the girl coldly, staying stiff.

message 10: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod growls, not about to be out bested, and crouches, studying the water. Unfurling his wings, he lunges into the air, winging up a few feet before curling them in, diving to the water, crooing joyfully, spearing into the water.

Ana's eyes flicker, aware of the dagger the stranger holds, sort of appreciating that shes not the only leery one.
"Ana," she says finally, in way of introduction.

message 11: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
...?

message 12: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod croons in joy, dipping in and out of the waves, his wings sending sprays of water at his new dragon friend.

"That oversized lizard is Bayod," Ana introduces for him.

message 13: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana glances at Bayod, "He is named after my dead brother, slaughtered by dragon hunters."

Bayod paddles around Cadryn, using his tail as a rudder, tucking his wings tighter into his body to become more streamline.

message 14: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((ORDER: ----, me, Lore. So ---- you next!))

message 15: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod growls in amusement, batting at the steam, growling and pouncing on Cade's large paw, like a kitten on a giant.

Ana coughs under Nia's scrutiny. "Yeah, well...He died a valiant death, defending his ones he loved..."

message 16: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((Doll? O.o And sweet, mind if I use that name in a story of mine?))

message 17: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((really? That is the most beautiful name I have ever heard. Though 'Sora' is great too, reminds me of my fav OC 'Sorcha', pronounced 'Sore-reek-ah'))

message 18: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((*dies in jeliousy of your names*))

message 19: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana stiffens, her eyes casting around the beach line. "Yes, definitely heard it."

Squealing in indgancny, Bayod scrambles after Cade, placing himself beside Ana, feeling the tension in the air

message 20: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
---- wrote: "Aяуα wrote: "((*dies in jeliousy of your names*))"

(( You can have mine... good luck guessing which one. You have a 50/50 chance, I suppose.... xD ))"

((Skye?))

message 21: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((no, you told me before. >.< Now shhhhh, it's Lore's turn >.< XD ))

message 22: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((Hmmmm....))
OI LORE >> Write anptehr post that guides us into the action, eh?

message 23: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod growls at the newcomer

((wait neva mind its you sora))

message 24: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod crouches before Ana, wings unfurled a little, ready to intercept the dragon with a growl forming in his throat.

message 25: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((yep))

message 26: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod crouches before Ana, trying to scent the air of the newcomers. He trusted Niamh, but this newcomer looked like young flegeling trouble, and he had little to no patience for fledglings.

message 27: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((sora next, yeah?))

message 28: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Feeling braver, Ana steps forward carefully, keeping a palm on Bayod's shoulder.

"What brings you here, stranger?"

message 29: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod steps forward, tail stiff to greet the fledgling dragon, nostrils twitching.

Ana studies the young pair, glacing at Nia, not sure what to do

message 30: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana stares between all of them, shaking her head lightly. "Where did you travel from?" she asks lightly

Snorting, Bayod trots back to Cade's side, favoring the larger, older dragon

message 31: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod curls beside Cade, extending a forearm, and Ana sits on it absently, her eyes trained on the newcomers.

message 32: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
?

message 33: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((okey day))

Ana studies them solemnly. "I am sorry to hear that."

message 34: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana quircks a grin. "Nay, girl, if you want an outcast..." she gestures to herself.

message 35: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana shakes her head sadly. "I had to kill my family, for similar reasons," she says softly

message 36: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana nods, "YOu two seem well bonded."

message 37: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Ana nods, placing a palm on Bayod's shoulder. "I was there when Bayod hatched."

message 38: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((I might just introduce a main antagonist just to pick things up here, ok?))

Bayod snorts, tail flicking at Echo's comment. Ana, her mom? Pfft.

ANa laughs, "No, its not like that....I don't know. We just....family."

message 39: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((Assasin coming up!))

Lore, you next

message 40: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((Hm....I was thinking it would be Ana's long lost enemy, however I think you were working and angle that Nia and Ana's dead brother were connected, somehow?))

message 41: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((Sure))

message 42: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
?

message 43: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Out of habit, Ana lets her gaze travel down the beach. She frowns, squinting, not sure if it was what she was seeing, or just her paranoia.
Bayod?She cues mentally, knowing her dragon would have better vision.

message 44: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Bayod suddenly lunges to his paws, growling low from his throat. Ana touches his shoulder, feeling the dragon tremble in anger under her.
Dread makes her go pale, and almost not wanting the answer, silently goes; Bayod...?

The rippling snarl from the fury's throat is answer enough. Ana, if possible, gets paler.
"Company," she warns.

message 45: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((Sora? "Skye?" :D ))

message 46: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
The man approaches, wearing a cocky grin, donned in all grey. He has several weapons strapped to his person, grey eyes cold and calculating as he nears.

Bayod growls, which is enough.

Wasting no time, a dagger flies out from nowhere fastet than any can track. There is a cry of pain, and Ana is on her knees, cluching a dagger that has bloomed out of her arm.
Bayod snarls, ready to lunge, but Ana throws and arm out. "No! S...stop."

The man chuckles coldly. "Nobody move."

message 47: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((edit in; Ana clearly knows this man, as does bayod, for he doesn't attack.))

message 48: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Stepping forward, Arran Heyri takes Ana by her hair, dragging her back and quickly puts the dagger to her throat. "Just to be sure none of you try anything stupid," he says pleasantly.

Ana bucks furiously, and Bayod lashes his tail in distress, baring his fangs at Heyri, but dares not to move, knowing the last time almost killed his rider.

message 49: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
((there you are))

message 50: by Slip! (new)

Slip! | 442 comments Mod
Arran turns his gaze to the girl, a shark like grin crawling onto his disturbingly handsome features. "Heyri, if you please." He bows, causing Ana to cry out as the blade digs in deeper. "Niamh, isn't it? And that must be...SLade? No, Cade! My isn't this a happy reunion."
His predatory glare turns to Echo. "And who are you?"

« previous 1