Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > My Books Are Showing All Ol d Covers

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Hi. I just updated most of my Kindle book covers and none of them are showing on Goodreads yet. They are all listed on Amazon correctly.

Is there anything that I can do?

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments you can add new cover editions
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/8...

message 3: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Those instructions are not cleAr. Will it automatically uodate from amazon or do i need to delete my author page and start again?

message 4: by Gerd (last edited May 05, 2018 06:59AM) (new)

Gerd | 1050 comments No, Amazon won't import the new covers unless they go with a new ASIN.

No need to delete anything. :)
You just have to add a new edition for each book with a new cover.
Transcript the info from the old one, then delete the ASIN on the old edition (okay I lied, you do have to delete something) and mark it as Alternate Cover for ASIN **** in the description so that you can move the ASIN to your new edition.

Afterwards you can set the new editions to default:
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

Edit:
Did the first one-
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 5: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments That sounds complicated. Are you sure I can't just delete my goodreads account and start all over. I dont even know what an asin is. I changed my covers because i just joined goodreads and i saw how awful the old ones looked. Now i cant even update them.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Te-Erika wrote: "That sounds complicated. Are you sure I can't just delete my goodreads account and start all over. I dont even know what an asin is. I changed my covers because i just joined goodreads and i saw ho..."

If you will provide the amazon links, someone will add the titles, move the ASIN (book identifier), and fix the descriptions. Only an author can designate which edition is the default, but let's get your books on here first.

And no, deleting your account will not delete the books anyway. Goodreads does not delete books.

message 7: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Oh wow!! Ok. Thanks for offering help. I will include links later. I am not at home.

message 8: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Hello! Here is the link to all of my books on Amazon that need the new covers transferred over to Goodreads! If you can help, I would appreciate it!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_bylin...

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments I can't get to these until tomorrow. If someone else wants to jump in, fine. Otherwise ...

message 10: by Georgeana (last edited May 05, 2018 07:47PM) (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments Te-Erika,

I added new editions for the new covers:

The 1% Mentality

The Unloveables

How to Train Your Main

Small Steps To Achieving Big Dreams

Kiss My Girlfriend

To set the default, which will show up in searches and on your author page, follow the instructions outlined here.

message 11: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Yes. Thank you! I have seen these instructions and they do not make sense. Please tell me how to get to the part where they say- navigate to the book's page and be sure it is the one that you want to be default.

All I see are my OLD covers so I have no idea what this means.

message 12: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments If you click the links I provided, that will take you to the book's page. Below the book's details you should see grey text that reads 'edit details'. It's to the right of the green text that says 'All Editions', 'Add a New Edition', and 'Combine'.

Once you click 'edit details' you will be taken to the books edit page where you can set the default using the option to the right of the book details.

I hope this helps. If you cannot set the default you can contact GR support as librarians cannot set the default. GR support can set it for you.

message 13: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Thanks! I got it now! Thank so much for the support, ladies! I am new to this community and this was a warm welcome!

message 14: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Hello! My latest book is not on my list. These are are my OLD books. What did I do wrong? It's Called How to Love a Powerful Woman.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Love-Power...

message 15: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments I figured it out! I had to add it myself! This is interesting!

message 16: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments Great! I also see the new covers are now showing on your author page as the default.

message 17: by Te-Erika (new)

Te-Erika Patterson (teerika) | 10 comments Yeah. I followed your instructions! LOL Thank you for your patience with me. I'm new here.

message 18: by Georgeana (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments No problem! Glad everything got sorted out.