A Killer (Re)Read - The Throne of Glass Series Readalong discussion

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
This topic is about Crown of Midnight
Crown Part 1: Week of 7/28 > Favorite Quotes, Crown of Midnight Part 1

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily (ebritter) | 5 comments Mod
What are your favorite Crown of Midnight quotes so far?

“You will never forget killing Cain,” she said at last, and when her eyes met his, his heart pounded so hard he could feel it across his whole body, “but I will never forget what you did to save me, either.” – Chapter 4

“Believe me, Celaena,” he snarled, his eyes flashing, “I know you can look after yourself. But I worry because I care. Gods help me, I know I shouldn’t, but I do. So I will always tell you to be careful, because I will always care what happens.” –Chapter 11

Safa Syed | 8 comments He shook his head, as if silently chiding himself. “Did Sam love you?” Yes. More than anyone had ever loved her. He’d loved her enough to risk everything — to give up everything. He’d loved her so much that she still felt the echoes of it, even now. “Very much,” she breathed

- Chapter 5

Farhanah Atiqah (farhanahatiqah) | 1 comments “When you do, I want you to remember that it wouldn’t have made any difference to me. It’s never made any difference to me when it came to you. I’d still pick you. I’ll always pick you.” - Chapter 55

Safa Syed | 8 comments She looked to her left, as if she’d somehow known, even in sleep, where he was. Chaol dozed in the chair, his arms and legs sprawled out, his head tipped back, exposing the unbuttoned collar of his tunic and the strong column of his throat. From the angle of the sunlight, it was probably around dawn.“Chaol,” she rasped. He was instantly awake and alert, leaning toward her as if he, too, always knew where she was.
- Chapter 13

Safa Syed | 8 comments Celaena didn’t know when she began crying. Somehow she skipped a breath, and it set her lips wobbling. She shouldn’t cry, not here, not with these people around her. But then a warm, calloused hand grasped hers beneath the table, and she turned her head to find Chaol looking at her. He smiled slightly — and she knew he understood. So Celaena looked at her Captain of the Guard and smiled back.

-Chapter 15

monet (s4ge) | 4 comments oh the irony. I've always found this funny since it was the king's thoughts, especially after reading the ending of HoF.

"Though the captain shifted on his feet at the sudden change of plans, the assassin smiled at him again, dark glee written all over her. What hellhole had she come from, to find delight in such things? “A brilliant idea, Your Majesty.”

- Chapter 53

Anum | 15 comments “Whatever shred of hope he'd had for a future with her was gone. She still felt something for him, she'd admitted, but she would never trust him. She would always hate him for what he'd done.

But he could do this for her. Even if he never saw her again, even if she abandoned her duties as King's Champion and stayed with the Fae in Wendlyn forever-as long as he knew that she was safe, that no one could hurt her... He'd sell his soul again and again for that.”

A Killer (Re)Read - The Throne of Glass Series...

unread topics | mark unread