What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Devil in Disguise  (Unlikely Heroes and Heroines #7)
This topic is about Devil in Disguise
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Action / Romance About a girl who's sister gets kidnapped that I read on my Kindle a few years ago. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bailee (new) - added it

Bailee | 2 comments So I read this book for the first time probably four or five years ago. It was for free on the Kindle store at the time and I downloaded it. I can't get onto the amazon account anymore because it's an old account with an outdated email that I dont have access to anymore. I tried searching Amazon but haven't been able to find it again.

Spoilers below
I'll try to tell as much of the story that I can remember. So this girl is home for the holidays and is staying at this hotel nearby. She is wearing a thick wool sweater and is having an allergic reaction to it. In the lobby she finds her ex boyfriend who works security at this hotel. He helps her out of the sweater (some very awkward yet romantic moments ensue.)
Later when she goes back home she finds out her younger sister has gone to the park to meet with some man she met online. When she gets there she finds out her sister was kidnapped.
She talks to her ex and it turns out the hotel is part of a human trafficking ring that may be involved.
She talks to either the CIA or FBI or something and they join them in trying to find her sister.
They find her and it turns out they have been pumping her full of drugs to make her compliant so they send her to a group home with other girls so that she can recover.
I can't remember correctly if she helps them takedown the whole trafficking ring or just finds her sister.

That's the most i can remember right this minute. If you could help me I would be so extremely greatful.

Thank you in advance!

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 05, 2018 03:04PM) (new)

Kris | 36614 comments Mod
Devil in Disguise by Heather Huffman seems to match your description. ("Did your mother give you another wood sweater or something?" ... "When are you going to tell her you're allergic to wool?")

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "romantic suspense" home christmas ex-boyfriend security "little sister" missing)

Bailee, what's the location - country, region, big city/small town? It's the winter holidays?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her job/skills/interests, where she lives, why she broke up with the boyfriend, etc.?

message 3: by Bailee (new) - added it

Bailee | 2 comments Devil in disguise! That's it! Thank you so much!!!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36614 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Bailee.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Devil in Disguise (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Heather Huffman (other topics)