Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > Horror film novelizations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (last edited Jul 28, 2014 12:23PM) (new)

Carly Nicholas (queen_of_darkness) | 175 comments I haven't seen it mentioned, so I wanted to ask for recommendations for horror film novelizations.

Which ones are worth reading? I have a book of Gremlins, the Amityville books, Poltergeist 2 etc...
Some of the horror novelizations that I want to read are very rare such as the Halloween and Halloween 4 novelizations.

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff I really enjoyed the Nightmare on Elm Street. Book, or movie is awesome.

message 3: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11288 comments Mod
I thought Rosemary's Baby movie was very, very close to the book. I don't think the one I read was a novelization of the movie.

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 262 comments I collect a lot of these, although I have not gotten around to reading most of them.

It's Alive, Child's Play (all three of them) and Warlock are good.

There's some good Nightmare on Elm Street ones and Hammer Horror also has quite a few novelizations. I have Halloween III but haven't read it.

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2880 comments I always throw The Shining out there so there's one for ya. The Friday the 13th series was made into some books and graphic novels. The Strain is a new series but I've heard the book is pretty good.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Halloween by Curtis Richards Halloween
I actually have an original paperback copy of Halloween; an okay read, but not great.

The Wicker Man A Novel by Robin Hardy The Wicker Man: A Novel
The Wicker Man was written by Robin Hardy, the director of the 1972 film, so it very much captures the mood and themes of the film.

message 7: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Rutigliano | 136 comments The Alan Dean Foster Alien books were pretty good from what I remember.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 876 comments I agree about Alien by Alan Dean Foster, read that one last year. Omen 2 was good, Child's Play 3 was good (as surprising as that may seem.)

message 9: by Carly (new)

Carly Nicholas (queen_of_darkness) | 175 comments I have a copy of the Nightmare on Elm Street books, but there is one that I don't have. I want to read the cabin in the woods book, but I hated the film, it's a unique idea I just didn't like the film it was a bit generic.
There are graphic novels of Chucky and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that I want to read, but they aren't available everywhere..
The woman in black sounds like it would be a creepy but short read apparently not much happens in the book.