What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Mermaid's Three Wisdoms
This topic is about The Mermaid's Three Wisdoms
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Fantasy, Girl finds mermaid on beach. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments I'm trying to remember the name of a book I read as a child, probably early nineties. Female main character, preteen or teen, finds a strange girl on the beach who doesn't seem to know how to walk and doesn't have a tongue.

The main character may or may not have hearing issues, I remember a lot of ASL used because the mermaid girl couldn't speak but I think the main character might have been deaf as well.

I also think I remember something about the mermaid crying diamond tears? I feel like it was important to the plot somehow. In the end, the mermaid goes back to the ocean, I think her father comes for her.

P.S. I think the author's last name was somewhere at the beginning of the alphabet, I remember the wall it was on at my local library.

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
It's so weird you posted this right now. I've been doing that "7 books you love in 7 days" challenge on Facebook, and this was the book I posted today. Like, literally at the same time as you were posting this question, Divya. It's one of my all-time favorites.

Divya (kylia) | 22 comments Oh Gosh, yes. That's the book.

I went through so many books yesterday trying to find it. All I could find were mermaid romances or picture books.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Andria wrote: "It's so weird you posted this right now. I've been doing that "7 books you love in 7 days" challenge on Facebook, and this was the book I posted today. Like, literally at the same time as you were ..."

Wow. The universe is a weird place :)