Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > WORDS FOR WATER: Please help Water.org; donate a story/poem for charity

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Adriano (last edited Nov 25, 2015 06:07AM) (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments description

Hello,

I am putting together an anthology to raise funds for a charity, Water.org (http://water.org) which provides wells, sources of clean water for sanitation etc in dry and poor counties.

If you have a story/poem etc that you would like to donate for the anthology, please drop me a message.

There's NO MONEY in it, 100% of all profits goes to the charity.

Thanks,

Ade

message 2: by Renee E (new)

Renee E Perhaps you could provide some specs? Deadlines, marketing and publishing plans, etc.?

message 3: by Naghilia (new)

Naghilia Desravines | 1 comments How can I help?

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee Cushing | 81 comments I've got quite a few short stories, just let me have more details.

message 5: by Gavin (new)

Gavin | 2 comments Me too, could probably add something - any further details?

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Nannini (Kristenlee83) | 5 comments I'd love to help. Some additional details would be great!

message 7: by Henry (new)

Henry Martin (henrymartin) Ade,

PM me with what you need, and I'll play along.

message 8: by Loretta (new)

Loretta (lorettalivingstone) | 134 comments I will try. No guarantees as I'm up to my eyeballs atm. Let me know more about it, please.

message 9: by Adriano (last edited Jul 29, 2014 05:04PM) (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Renee wrote: "Perhaps you could provide some specs? Deadlines, marketing and publishing plans, etc.?"

Hello Rene,

There's no deadline, but I'd like it to be out in a month or so.

Marketing? Apart from the Water.org promoting it, I know nothing. I don't concern myself with marketing... A marketing plan... Ooo, I don't know what that is... I'm the editor, not the 'marketer', sorry. I know Water.org will market it.

I've talked about it in an interview I've done today, I may ask Vanney to put it on radio etc, but that's just something that comes to mind. You seem to know more than me about marketing... I'm only a writer, I do the writing, now the editing (I'm writing a couple of pieces too). I forgot! Yes Stephen Fry... Ok am I scatty enough to get an MBA? ;-) anyone wants to have a naked shower with me outside Buckingham Palace? Any idea is welcome (joking Your Majesty... Don't get your opera glasses ready yet ;-)

Publishing, Water.org is publishing it.

As I said, it's for them, we get not penny/cent/lira...

message 10: by Adriano (last edited Jul 29, 2014 05:08PM) (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Thanks everybody! That's a great response!

The doesn't need to be a theme, but if you have anything related to what the charity stands for (Water, poverty, sanitation, disease, injustice, ), maybe that would be the best choice.

It doesn't have to have a theme throughout, it's just writers for water.

Length, maybe? It does not matter a whit, short is shot(ish), we don't have a word count to stick to (I never thought people did, you see, I'm Medieval). A one line poem to, say about 10,000 words really max. Anything in between is fine.

Poems, short stories, one act plays... It's all fine.

One poem, two poems, a story, two stories, a poem and a story... Absolutely anything.

I'll get in touch with you all by PVT. Thanks! X

Sorry, I'm exhausted... Spent all last night chatting with Clive and went straight into recording with 3 hour sleep and a bottle of wine for breakfast....

message 11: by K.P. (last edited Jul 29, 2014 07:27PM) (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 276 comments Awesome! I'll join in. I need out of my slump anyway... When's the due date?

message 12: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments K.P. wrote: "Awesome! I'll join in. I need out of my slump anyway... When's the due date?"

Hi,

There's no due date... But I'd like it to be ready for publication in about a month or so...

Send me a PVT, so we can go on by email.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

message 13: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 752 comments can it be something already (self-)published?

message 14: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments I forgot, of course, you will have to sign a little contract rescinding profit from copyrights to Water.org only for this book not other editions, if you want to use the story elsewhere, the copyright remains yours. You only state you are not claiming moneys from this book. I know you wouldn't, but it's just the done thing for charity.

message 15: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 752 comments no problem. I'll DM you my email address so you can send me yours and I'll send it as soon as you want it. It's 1000 words long

message 16: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Marc wrote: "no problem. I'll DM you my email address so you can send me yours and I'll send it as soon as you want it. It's 1000 words long"

Thanks Marc! You're wonderful!

message 17: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Hi,

I've direct messages everybody; the title of the message is 'Words for Water', which is the working title of the project and may be the title of the book. Suggestions are welcome though...

Thanks again everybody!

Ade

message 18: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments A big thanks again everybody....

Anyone else interested? The more the merrier..,

Ade

message 19: by Ali (new)

Ali Pfautz | 5 comments What about a water poem that's for kids? Or is it more of an adult, issue oriented book?

message 20: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Ali wrote: "What about a water poem that's for kids? Or is it more of an adult, issue oriented book?"

Hello Ali,

Absolutely! Actually, we should not forget that most of the people who suffer from lack of clean water are kids. I have mainly children in mind when I think about the wells etc that they build, but that's just what I picture in my mind if it makes sense. Of course adults suffer too... Rambling, sorry...

Yes, that's what I wanted to say...

Ade

message 21: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments I've asked Steve Geddes to do the cover art; he's a great artist...

message 22: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments I'm running late with everything at the moment, I have four projects on the go, but thanks everybody for your contribution. I know I have to get back to you with a bit of easy paperwork (really, it's a page with no small print), I'm onto it... Don't worry.

message 23: by Gavin (new)

Gavin | 2 comments Thanks for the update!

message 24: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Cheers...

message 25: by Harry (new)

Harry Whitewolf | 14 comments Hi Adriano. Many thanks for doing this. I have something to contribute. Let me know about forms/details when you have time! Cheers.

message 26: by Adam (new)

Adam Boustead | 7 comments My email is

Adam.boustead@icloud.com

Or here at goodreads

Only two submit ions?
This is all I have so fare

River.

Snakes threw the land.
Town and city first brick laid with its hand.

Joining sea and sky.
The blue ring will nether die.

Storm Lord.

He rages between earth and sky.
Bewaire the wings of the butterfly.

Air aftermath downpore.
Eye of the storm ice eye.

Lightning mist rainbow lightning.
Cloud clock hides and defines his rage.
Listen to his wind whispers or be traped in his lightning cage.

Sorry have dun my best but I am afraid you will have to spell check.
Pleas if you are excepting any more or need anything else.

message 27: by Helen (new)

Helen Stephens (lemay) I'm interested in contributing something. Let me know where to send.

message 28: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments L.E. wrote: "I'm interested in contributing something. Let me know where to send."

Hi, THANKS! Send me a private message and I'll give you the email.

Ade

message 29: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Adam wrote: "My email is

Adam.boustead@icloud.com

Or here at goodreads

Only two submit ions?

River.

Snakes threw the land.

Joining..."

Adam, you are an angel, I'll email you right now.

Ade

message 30: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments I've sent some copies of the contracts out... But the count is not right... I must have missed someone and Yahoo is driving me insane (can they just stop changing the way the email works on an hourly basis? Aaaargh)

If I've missed you, please send me a reminder. If you want anything added, just let me know. It's the clearest and simplest possible contract...

Thanks again Everybody.

Ade

message 31: by Adam (new)

Adam Boustead | 7 comments Adriano wrote: "I've sent some copies of the contracts out... But the count is not right... I must have missed someone and Yahoo is driving me insane (can they just stop changing the way the email works on an hour..."

message 32: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (dystopiancitzn) is it too late to join?

message 33: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Adam wrote: "My email is

Adam.boustead@icloud.com

Or here at goodreads

Only two submit ions?

River.

Snakes threw the land.

Joining..."

No worries about the editing; I'll send you a copy when it's typeset and you can tell me what you think about the layout etc.

Ade

message 34: by Cas (new)

Cas Blomberg (casblomberg) I would love to donate and help. Please let me know if this is still going on.

message 35: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Hello Cas,

Thanks, yes, we have no size limit for the anthology, so, do send me a private message and let's swap emails.

Thanks,

Ade

message 36: by Michael (new)

Michael Young (MichaelYoung1964) | 3 comments Would you use an under 1500 word children's story? If so, mail me at michaelyoung912@yahoo.com. I'll send you a .docx or PDF. I love to help in any way possible. /Michael Young

message 37: by Devi (new)

Devi Nair (views_she_writes) Michael wrote: "Would you use an under 1500 word children's story? If so, mail me at michaelyoung912@yahoo.com. I'll send you a .docx or PDF. I love to help in any way possible. /Michael Young"

Hi Michael. I would love to read. Do send me a PDF at nair.devi.s@gmail.com

message 38: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Michael wrote: "Would you use an under 1500 word children's story? If so, mail me at michaelyoung912@yahoo.com. I'll send you a .docx or PDF. I love to help in any way possible. /Michael Young"

Hello Michael,

Thanks, I'll email you over the weekend.

Ade

message 39: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Thanks everybody for your contributions.

If anyone wants to contribute, you're still in time: send me a PVT and we'll take it from there.

I'd like to have Words for Water out before Christmas, so, still a bit of time...,

Ade

message 40: by Lee (new)

Lee Cushing | 81 comments Adriano wrote: "I've sent some copies of the contracts out... But the count is not right... I must have missed someone and Yahoo is driving me insane (can they just stop changing the way the email works on an hour..."

Just thought I'd let you know I'm still waiting.

message 41: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Lee wrote: "Adriano wrote: "I've sent some copies of the contracts out... But the count is not right... I must have missed someone and Yahoo is driving me insane (can they just stop changing the way the email ..."

Cheers Lee,

I'll sort it out by tomorrow.

message 42: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Last call... Not really... Just trying to keep the thread alive.. Cheeky me.

message 43: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 752 comments Bump for the project

message 44: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Marc wrote: "Bump for the project"
;-)

message 45: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Update....

I guess you're all wondering what's happening with Words for Water...

It's still on, but I don't really see it coming out before Christmas as I'd hoped.

But, always trying to look at the positive, there'll be less cacophony of selling around and... I can ask every body for a Christmas present...

You know what? A poem/short story, thought... For Water.org to go in the anthology....

:-)

message 46: by Stanley (new)

Stanley Victor Paskavich (stantasyland) | 5 comments Unity
We're all pieces of the same ever-changing puzzle;
some connected for mere seconds, some connected for life,
some connected through knowledge, some through belief,
some connected through wisdom, some through Love,
and some connected with no explanation at all.
Yet, as spiritual beings having a human experience,
we're all here for the sensations this reality or illusion has to offer.
The best anyone can hope for is the right to be able to Live,
Learn, Love then Leave. After that, reap the benefits of their own chosen
existence in the hereafter by virtue of simply believing in what they believe.
As for here, it took me a while but this progression helped me with my life:
"I like myself. I Love myself. I am myself."
Stanley Victor Paskavich
stantasyland.com

message 47: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Stanley wrote: "Unity
We're all pieces of the same ever-changing puzzle;
some connected for mere seconds, some connected for life,
some connected through knowledge, some through belief,
some connected through wisd..."

Thanks, Stanley,

Good karma!

Ade

message 48: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments Really LAST CALL...

Send me a direct message. I plan to have the anthology out in a month.

Thanks everybody for your patience.

Ade

message 49: by Adriano (new)

Adriano Bulla (adriano_bulla) | 313 comments I forgot... You see... Send me a bio to put at the end of the collection; otherwise I'll use your Goodreads bio.

message 50: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 276 comments ooh, i got it done ages ago, but simply forgot to send it...

« previous 1