Polls for Our Souls discussion

I Need Recommendations > Decision Help/Recommendations - Steampunk-ish

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 41 comments Hi everyone,
I have some Steampunk-ish books on my TBR and can't decide which to tackle for June. I'd like to read them all at once, like the rest of my TBR.
I'd be very happy if you could just vote on what you'd pick of these in the

Also I'm very interested in any other Steampunk recommendations. (Not that that'll help my TBR....)

message 2: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 56 comments I like steampunk although I haven't read many that feature it. Here's a couple I've had on my TBR
Timepiece (Keeping Time Trilogy #1) by Heather Albano and Timekeeper (Keeping Time Trilogy #2) by Heather Albano
Timepiece
Timekeeper

message 3: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 41 comments Thanks for the recommendations - moved them onto my watchlist. ;-)

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Gail Carriger has 3 series set in the same Steampunk universe. They are The Parasol Protectorate (This series is finished) Soulless is the first book in this series.

Finishing School Etiquette & Espionage is the first book in this series. This series is also finished.

And finally The Custard Protocol of which, Prudence is the first book. This series is not finished yet.

While they were released in the order that I've listed them, the Finishing School series is actually set earlier than the other 2 series. But read them however you want. These have a good bit of humour in them, as I'm sure you can tell by the names of the series.

The Iron Duke is the first book in a Steampunk PNR series. But this one is a really different world, not just the part about steam beating the sh** out of fossil fuels either. This one is also set in a slightly earlier time that the Victorian era. It's more what we would call Regency, but a Regency that is totally different. I really loved the first couple of books in this series.

And finally a stand alone book that is an interesting take on Steampunk Steamed.

message 5: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 324 comments One of my favorites is Retribution Falls. I also liked Fires of Invention and The Perilous Journey of the Not So Innocuous Girl.

There’s also Seeds in the Wind, which is an indie book that’s a blend of fantasy, sci fi, and steampunk. Very interesting.

message 6: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 41 comments Thank you, all of you - I'm having a look through all your great recommendations and putting some on my wishlist and watchlist.