Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

TV > Anime Shows

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Does anyone have any good anime shows they would like to recommend?? Or Just any they want to discuss?

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments I love anime. My favorites so far are Death Note and Attack on Titan. Now watching Tokyo Ghoul.

message 3: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Susy wrote: "I love anime. My favorites so far are Death Note and Attack on Titan. Now watching Tokyo Ghoul."

I Will check out Tokyo Ghoul!

message 4: by Marti (new)

Marti Anime is great but it also depends on what genre you like. No. 6 is a dystopian anime that I recently watched and I liked it a lot. The Royal Tutor is cute and light. Some others that are worth at least checking out are Black Butler, Death Parade, Hunter x Hunter (if you are up for a loooong one) and so on.
and well obviously Death Note is amazing!

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Loved Death Parade and Black Butler :)

Added No. 6 to my TBW.

I see there are 2 Hunter x Hunters: one that runs from 1999-2004 and one that runs from 2011-2014. Which one are you referring to? Or is the second one a sequel to the first one?

message 6: by Marti (new)

Marti Susy wrote: "Loved Death Parade and Black Butler :)

Added No. 6 to my TBW.

I see there are 2 Hunter x Hunters: one that runs from 1999-2004 and one that runs from 2011-2014. Which one are you referring to? Or..."

Great, let me know what you think about it whenever you get to No. 6!
The 2011 one is a reboot from the first and starts from the beginning, so if you get into it you should definitely watch the recent one.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Samurai Champloo is excellent if you're into episodic actions. It's got a great balance of excellent animation, artistic style, comedy, brutal action and rag-tag-team character development. (It's made by the Cowboy Bebop guy if that means anything to you)

I also love Beyond the Boundary, which is an action/romance/fantasy/slice of life one based around high schoolers with incredible animation. It's on Netflix too, so it's easy to watch.

Baccano! and Durarara, which are made by the same studio, are my all time favorites and I don't even know how to go about explaining what they are.
They're just they're own genre and whatever it is, it's unbelievably watchable.

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Anna wrote: "I also love Beyond the Boundary, which is an action/romance/fantasy/slice of life one based around high schoolers with incredible animation. It's on Netflix too, so it's easy to watch.

Baccano! and Durarara, which are made by the same studio, are my all time favorites and I don't even know how to go about explaining what they are."

added :)

message 9: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 4 comments You know it’s been a long time since I watched anime as I used to love watching naruto but these days I can’t find an anime that interests me I think it’s because the content and the stories are so over exaggerated and over the top I can’t enjoy them anymore I think he last anime I watched was your lie in April which I lived due to it’s simplicity but that’s just me