Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Slow burn completed series Recs

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ValHallaGirl (new)

ValHallaGirl | 18 comments I need a compleated series where the main characters get together at the end of the series/last book. It can be a slow burn, or one-sided ect.. one or both can have other lovers before the end. Also any books I can read as stand alone or series with different main characters in each book. HEA only please.

message 2: by Rise (new)

Rise | 18 comments Have you read Lora Leigh's Breed series? I enjoyed that entire series.

message 3: by ValHallaGirl (new)

ValHallaGirl | 18 comments Rise, I've read most of them, but they get down and dirty too soon.

message 4: by Rise (new)

Rise | 18 comments ValHallaGirl wrote: "Rise, I've read most of them, but they get down and dirty too soon."

Ok, just thought that one would be of help. Try New Species series by Laurann Dohner. Or Ghostwalker series by Christine Feehan. Christine

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Blood Price is the first book in a completed series where it takes til the very last book for the MC to get together with the male she chooses. This is a PN Mystery series.

Then, following that one is a spin off series Smoke and Shadows is the first book in that series. This is, again a PN mystery series, of a sort. The MC in this one is a gay character that was a "side kick" type character in some of the books in the previous series. Again, take til the last book (but this is a trilogy, so not a long series) for him to get together with the correct guy.

message 6: by ValHallaGirl (new)

ValHallaGirl | 18 comments I'll check them out! thanks I'm currently reading K. F. Breen's Warrior Chronicals. I'm starting book 3 and it's not bad, just a few times I skimmed the pages.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
An apocalyptic series that has 1 hea per book is the Surviving Ashes series. Essential Beginnings is the first book in the series. And the sex is a bit muted since this one is about trying to get to safety after the Super Volcano known as Yellowstone decides it's time to throw it's every 100k years temper tantrum. There are 5 books in the series. Series is finished.

message 8: by ValHallaGirl (new)

ValHallaGirl | 18 comments I'll check that out too! Thanks

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments I came here looking for exact same thing. I just finished Once Burned and was very disappointed with how quick the main characters got together. It started off great then just fizzled.

I would recommend Halfway to the Grave. The first 5 or 6 books of the series is really good before it fizzles. I'd also recommend Dead Witch Walking. If you like YA try Vampire Academy.

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 392 comments Try the Allie Beckstrom Series. The first one is Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk and there is no romance until at least book 3 or 4 I think. And there's not an alpha wolf or vampire in sight! The sex when they get to it is very minimal and not in the least bit explicit.

message 11: by Romance (last edited May 29, 2018 02:34PM) (new)

Romance Rehab | 14 comments If you like a good bit of humor with your PNR, I'd recommend the Harper Hall Investigations series.

Harper Hall Investigations Complete Series by Isabel Jordan

message 12: by SL (new)

SL Gibson (TTFN121) | 12 comments You can try Shea Swain's four book The Binding of the Halo Series
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 13: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Nov 12, 2019 04:45AM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 58 comments ValHallaGirl wrote: "I need a compleated series where the main characters get together at the end of the series/last book. It can be a slow burn, or one-sided ect.. one or both can have other lovers before the end. Als..."

Would these apply? A couple of them are reverse harem with more than 1 hero slowly trying to win her over, but the physical relationship doesn't start until the end of the series. I think. I'm also not sure that these are officially completed series, but there are several books in each one so you probably won't feel like you've been left hanging.

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Touch the Dark by Karen Chance
(Cassandra Palmer #1) - (I'm talking about Pritkin, not Mircea for the slow burn and end of series relationship)

Magical Intentions (Biomystic Security Book 1) by Jaliza A. Burwell Magical Intentions by Jaliza Burwell
(Biomystic Security #1)

The Jaguar King (The Wild Rites Saga #1) by Anna McIlwraith The Jaguar King by Anna McIlwraith
(The Wild Rites Saga #1)

message 14: by Cozen (new)

Cozen | 482 comments Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Written in Red

Haven’t finished the series myself, but it’s definitely a slow burner. The writing is good so it keeps you going.