Play Book Tag discussion

Tomorrow
This topic is about Tomorrow
Archive: Other Books > Tomorrow by Damian Dibben - 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Booknblues | 6896 comments Tomorrow is a dog. A very faithful dog.

A person who keeps dogs will lose many in their lifetime. I was a dog who lost people. Time took from me everyone and everything I’d fallen in love with. But I was sure, in the very core of me, that one day my true master would return. For if I was still alive, surely so was he.

For those of you who love animals and dogs, Tomorrow is a dog you will come to love. He is loyal and wise. He does not get distracted by his dogginess as does Bernie in the Chet and Bernie series and although wise, he doesn't come across the same way as Enzo in The Art of Racing in the Rain.

I love Tomorrow and am happy to have met him and travel with him across Europe and through centuries. There is a secret to Tomorrow that I will keep to myself, but know that when he loses his master, Valentyne, he will wait and travel anywhere to find him.

This was a really good read, but what held up one more star for me was the pacing. I thought perhaps that it might be a bit better if it was a little more slender.

Booknblues | 6896 comments I bringing this back up to the top because I hope other people will be intrigued by this.

It is historical fiction as well and the human side of the story is very thought provoking. In fact that side could be put in family drama.

message 3: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3112 comments It might be nice to read a book about a dog who doesn't die before his master.

Booknblues | 6896 comments Jgrace wrote: "It might be nice to read a book about a dog who doesn't die before his master."

The ending is quite satisfying and I don't think it is much of a spoiler if I say neither dies.