Reading Until Infinity discussion

Meditations
This topic is about Meditations
Archive > May 2018 Book Selection is Meditations

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 716 comments The monthly selection for May 2018 is Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Post your thoughts and comments about this book, let's start a conversation.

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius Meditations

message 2: by Raymond (last edited May 03, 2018 05:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Raymond | 13 comments I would recommend that everyone read the Gregory Hays translation Meditations by Marcus Aurelius Meditations. It's the version that I read and it's considered one of the best translations.

message 3: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 716 comments Raymond wrote: "I would recommend that everyone read the Gregory Hays translation Meditations by Marcus AureliusMeditations. It's the version that I read and it's considered one of the best transla..."

Thank You - Raymond. If you did a review of this book, please post your thoughts here.

Raymond | 13 comments My 2015 review: Great book. Aurelius' reflections provides wisdom that can be applied in today's world.

message 5: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Started this last night. I had two free versions so have read the introduction for each. I'm really enjoying this so far. I read The Founding of Christendom and The Building of Christendom both by Warren H. Carroll and loved both. Terrific background for this read to help orient oneself in time.

message 6: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 716 comments Leslie wrote: "Started this last night. I had two free versions so have read the introduction for each. I'm really enjoying this so far. I read The Founding of Christendom and [book:The Building of ..."

Wonderful !!! Post your thoughts are you continue to read. Enjoy.

Raymond | 13 comments This line is from Book 2, Line 14 in the Hays translation:

"You cannot lose another life than the one you're living now, or live another one than the one you're losing."

So true.