Deistic Academy (Multi Pantheon Advanced RP) discussion

i. introductions > ;; questions & suggestions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by cosmic (new)

cosmic (erosful) | 135 comments

it's only the primordials that are alive? all of the gods/personas/creatures are dead?

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 254 comments Mod
some creatures have survived and there are gods who are alive now after the ascending graduation ceremony, but only this with the strongest blood survived, the primordials.

message 3: by cosmic (last edited May 06, 2018 11:47AM) (new)

cosmic (erosful) | 135 comments The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) wrote: "some creatures have survived and there are gods who are alive now after the ascending graduation ceremony, but only this with the strongest blood survived, the primordials."

ah, gotchu... thanks

no problemo

message 5: by Abdul Alhazred (last edited May 06, 2018 10:24PM) (new)

Abdul Alhazred (abdul-alhazred)
according to orphic myth, phanes = zagrues = dionysus

crom cruach is a god, possibly an epithet of lugh

Turner [hiatus] do the ascended gods (not sure what else to call them) identify themselves to students? like, for instance, can Taz say "yeah, I'm the reincarnation of Iris," or is that somehow not done or disallowed or impossible to voice or something? do teachers introduce themselves as their deities?

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 122 comments So how do the invitations work? Is it kind of like a Harry Potter thing where primordials can sense the gods/personas/whatever and they invite them or are the students just sort of drawn to the school?

it's p much the first one
they're invited/accepted
primordials send em a letter

Turner [hiatus] Are peeps inclined to believe? What about parents? I was curious about that, too. Like... with Dante, his dad's a preacher right? How did the letter go over? Or does it appear as something else to those not involved? Does someone from the Academy come to explain how it works and that it's not a joke?

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 122 comments Aight cool. thanks

it bugs em over and over and over again
and usually they don't tell their parents but that's completely up to the individual character man
usually people are inclined to believe because they've probably noticed the signs themselves, their powers and the way they feel

message 12: by Turner [hiatus] (new)

Turner [hiatus] so if they're underage... what do they tell their parents? or do they just disappear?

boarding school typically, again it's up to the individual
that's something left for you to decide with your characters

message 14: by Turner [hiatus] (new)

Turner [hiatus] Regarding language barriers: is there some kind of magic-y thing in place to assure that everyone on academy grounds can understand each other?

uh ?
idk man your character
if they have trouble speakin english then hey, that's somethin to play off of
it'd be like a normal school, theyd have special languages but they have the souls of gods so i doubt that's something they would struggle with

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess | 122 comments Are students or staff allowed to have pets?

mm nothing big but i dont think it would be banned completely, domestic animals are fine as long as their kept in check

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

So for staff claims, seeing there are no specific roles that I can find, do we just make one up upon asking for the claim? If that made...any sense. >_>

ye p much, we're leaving a lot of things open ended

message 20: by cosmic (last edited May 13, 2018 05:31PM) (new)

okay so what happens when a charrie finds out who their deity is? do they graduate the academy with a letter that says, "congrats, you are ___, now gtfo of our school" or smthing like that?

so there are a lot of ways it could go
they're offered a position as a member of the staff, they can leave if they want
they have to attend the four years though, because they do need some time to remember things, and to get a grip on their powers
but it's really up to the creator of the character, it's left mostly open ended

message 22: by cosmic (new)

gracias

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

if this is set up in like "modern day" - could I suggest maybe a texting thread? I find that it really helps develop your character alongside of rping them and it can be really fun to develop relationships too!

im up for that

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Um, no - not exactly a character chat. That is more of like an "open room" kinda setting, right? Where everyone kinda just interacts with each other?

This is more-so like texting. Like there would be its own folder and includes a text request thread. So kinda like this --

request a thread
"text thread between p1 and p2 please!"

thread
p1 & p2

format (obviously this can be changed base on your preference but this is the format I use)

p2

hey p2! you looked cute today in chem. i was wondering if you wanted to meet up later on? see how well we attract one another ;)

So it is very text-like (literally characters texting each other) and is still more "in rp" without the whole rp part. Like I said, it can usually really help develop the feel for your character and can develop character relationships too. I hope that made sense. >_<

message 26: by Turner [hiatus] (new)

Turner [hiatus] gonna put this here so it can be answered officially in the group and others can reference (idk if you want to put it in FAQ or what)

Q. Where is the Academy located?

A. (according to badger) England