Rams Adolescent LIterature Spring 2018 discussion

Wonder by R. J. Palacio

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (drld) | 17 comments Mod
A must read for every single teacher!

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica Morales | 14 comments I love this book. I haven't seen the movie but have heard it is good. I cried happy tears when I read Wonder. It is a book I kind read again and again.

message 3: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Peaks | 12 comments I love this book, I had the chance to read it with my fifth graders this school year and they loved it. I had them do a project that helped them connect to the book. This was a great read and the movie was awesome.

message 4: by Gely (new)

Gely Ortiz | 17 comments This main character is the office pool men. since he was born he suffers from a disease that little by little took part of his identity and has transformed him into a 6th grade student who is going to public school instead of home school. His fear of being bullied became true as he suffered the negativity and targets of his classmates...... however that changed once he met Summer and she her she brought the light of other friendships to him (Jack).

message 5: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney Danielle | 15 comments My 6th graders began reading this very book at the beginning of the semester and even the kids that hate to read couldn't put it down. There was something so charming about this little boy's story that I absolutely loved. I also loved anticipating if I would feel the same way my AVID students felt while reading it. I definitely did. I commend this author; he made this little boy's story easy to follow and root for.