What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Quiet Life
This topic is about A Quiet Life
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction, Spy Novel. A young American woman visits relatives in England. On ship across the ocean she becomes friends with a communist. Ends up meeting and falling in love with a man she learns is a spy. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim | 3 comments I am trying to find the title of a book I read which I believe was published in 2017. It has a blue cover and a photo of a woman in a Jackie-O type dress, wearing gloves, and I believe holding a purse. It is cropped so you don't see her head.

Spoiler:

They marry and she becomes a spy as well. They secretly work at transcribing/copying papers from a friend of theirs who works for the government. They have a daughter and eventually things come to a climatic end. He becomes an alcoholic. Eventually they get caught. She and the child escape. I can't remember if he does as well or ends up going into hiding.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter A Quiet Life by Natasha Walter seems to match your description.

Worldcat.org advanced search - Keyword: communist romance | Subject: spy | 2015-2017 | Non-Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim | 3 comments Kris, Thank you! That is the book! Wow, I searched everything and could not find it. I’m curious if you are a wizard at searching or if by chance you’d read it too? 😊
Once again, many thanks!
Kim

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments She's a wizard at searching.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Kim. We're lucky to have a dedicated group of book detectives.

By the way, I started with Google searches for your book, but got too many results. So I switched to Worldcat.org (http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch) because you mentioned it's a recent publication. Worldcat lets you search for a specific range of publication years. Very handy.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Quiet Life (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Natasha Walter (other topics)