✩☽September '18 ✩☽ Sea Witch

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod

message 2: by Christina (new)

So I started this one early!

Thoughts on the book (that make no sense w/o content): So far I really like the atmosphere of this book. I'm also really into the is she/isn't she mystery of Annemette. I'm kinda with Iker on the "maybe we should be suspicious" front, but that's because of the quasi-spoilery blurbs on the back of the book.

I am switching over to audiobook about half way through (we'll see if that sticks) because it's hard to focus on this book at lunch and I feel like I'm taking too long to read it.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I requested this from library - hopefully it is available soon, not sure I'll like it so I'm going to not buy it yet

message 4: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "I requested this from library - hopefully it is available soon, not sure I'll like it so I'm going to not buy it yet"

That's a fair choice! I'm about to enter my year of living frugally (house & wedding saving), so most of the books I pick to read or listen to will be something my library has.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) my wedding was all in all probably (with rings/dress, etc.) only $5,000

message 6: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "my wedding was all in all probably (with rings/dress, etc.) only $5,000"

That's amazing! The venues we are looking at (just simple ceremony & reception locations) are a little more than that. Luckily I have a friend making my dress and that should balance things out.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) yikes!!!!! We did it at home, had supper at my sisters church for I think $50 LOL we only had 15 or so guests so it was easy

This book arrived at the library for me, I'm going to get it this weekend!!

message 8: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "yikes!!!!! We did it at home, had supper at my sisters church for I think $50 LOL we only had 15 or so guests so it was easy

This book arrived at the library for me, I'm going to get it this weeke..."

Oh man! Quaint and small sounds great! Most of our guests are close family and friends that we wouldn't cut out.

Yay library holds!

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I did, I had no issue cutting everyone - grandparents/parents/siblings, that was it lol

message 10: by Christina (new)

I'm all about atmosphere right now! This book definitely has a great sense of 'something is off here.'

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I'm done the book btw.. I truly enjoyed it

message 12: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "I'm done the book btw.. I truly enjoyed it"

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I really liked this one too!

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I didnt read what it was about before I read it - it's kinda like a origin story for ursula heh

message 14: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "I didnt read what it was about before I read it - it's kinda like a origin story for ursula heh"

Yeah! I knew a little about it, but the YA villain stories right now are just *muah* so fun! And I felt this one was done well.

message 15: by Christina (new)

Okay! So, group, what were your thoughts?

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this one. Were there things about the setting or other details you picked up on when reading?

Did you like the flashbacks with current story telling style? Would you have done it differently?

Did you predict the reveal before it happened? Were you expecting something else?

What did you think of the epilogue?

Who was your fave/least fave character?

Other thoughts?

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this one. Were there things about the setting or other details you picked up on when reading? Its quite a perfect fall book - a bit dark

Did you like the flashbacks with current story telling style? Would you have done it differently? Nope it was perfect - not confusing - though the italics or whatever were annoying just put "past" "present"

Did you predict the reveal before it happened? Were you expecting something else? Not at all - which I liked - granted if I had been a bit more vigilant and paying more attention instead of colouring I might have

What did you think of the epilogue? I was trying to remember what the epilogue was but that's the voice thing - and it was amazing

Who was your fave/least fave character? I can't remember names LOL I've read about 20 books since then I'm the worst

Other thoughts? total amazing ursula origin story and it needs to become a movie

message 17: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this one. Were there things about the setting or other details you picked up on when reading? Its quite a perfect fall book - a bit dark

Did you like the flashb..."

Oooo, this would make a lovely movie!

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I know right - along the lines of maleficent I think would be spectacular