Challenge Corner discussion

Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
This topic is about Monster in His Eyes
Let's Buddy! - Series > Monster In His Eyes series by J.M. Darhower - Starting May 3rd 2018

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.

I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.

It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.

It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.

I want to hate him.

Sometimes, I do.

But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Can't wait to read this.

message 3: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm at 38%. I like it so far. The prologue makes you think "wait what" but from what I've read it's like the prologue is for a different book. You'll understand what I mean when you read it.

It's weird.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "I'm at 38%. I like it so far. The prologue makes you think "wait what" but from what I've read it's like the prologue is for a different book. You'll understand what I mean when you read it.

It's ..."

ok

message 5: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

This is pretty good though. The first smut scene was good. But it's been more fade to black kind of since then. Annoying. -.-

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "This is pretty good though. The first smut scene was good. But it's been more fade to black kind of since then. Annoying. -.-"

Ok

message 7: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

63%(view spoiler)

message 8: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

74%(view spoiler)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments It's been super busy at work. I haven't been able to read all day. Will tonight. I only was able to read the prologue last night. I'm hoping to at least get to 50% tonight. Tomorrow is my saturday to work so I might get some reading done then. Depends on if we are busy. Then when I get off from work I am going to see infinity war.

message 10: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay! Sounds good. 😁

message 11: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished. (view spoiler)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments 20% Super bored.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Okay maybe not super but my mind keeps wandering. Please tell me the end gets more exciting.

message 14: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh the end is definitely better than the beginning. Shit hits the fan. And you're gonna be like OH SHIT! DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Oh the end is definitely better than the beginning. Shit hits the fan. And you're gonna be like OH SHIT! DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!"

Okay that gives me more motivation now.

message 16: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah, I was the same way. Took me a bit to get through the story. But then it gets intense.

I mean you might see it. But I definitely did not put it all together until it was laid out in front of me.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Yeah, I was the same way. Took me a bit to get through the story. But then it gets intense.

I mean you might see it. But I definitely did not put it all together until it was laid out in front of me."

Okay. Maybe I'll get to 50% tonight.

I finally got a Hulk and an Aquaman category finished.

message 18: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm reading the second book to this series now! :D I'm so happy to figure out wtf is going on with these two.

message 19: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

34%(view spoiler)

message 20: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

51%(view spoiler)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments I need to sit down and find some time to read. I've been so busy.

message 22: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Me too. Well, not busy. But I just haven't been in the mood. Like it's not a slump or anything. I've just been deciding to do other things. Like watch tv, or play video games. Ya know.

But I am LOVING this book. It's Naz's POV. Soo much better than the first book.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Me too. Well, not busy. But I just haven't been in the mood. Like it's not a slump or anything. I've just been deciding to do other things. Like watch tv, or play video games. Ya know.

But I am LO..."

I know that mood well. I'm sort of in it too. I will read some tonight. I've been having to rearrange my store front so I haven't been on the computer all that much.

message 24: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Me too. Well, not busy. But I just haven't been in the mood. Like it's not a slump or anything. I've just been deciding to do other things. Like watch tv, or play video games. Ya kn..."

It sucks being too busy to read. Lol.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Me too. Well, not busy. But I just haven't been in the mood. Like it's not a slump or anything. I've just been deciding to do other things. Like wa..."

It does. I'm hoping to get some time to read tonight.

message 26: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Me too. Well, not busy. But I just haven't been in the mood. Like it's not a slump or anything. I've just been deciding to do other..."

I miss our BRs girl! Tomorrow I'll have to link all the books I'm planning to read next month and maybe you can join me on one. Or all. Muahahaha. :D

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments ok sure can. I'll do the same.

message 28: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

84%(view spoiler)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "84%[spoilers removed]"

If you need to you can message me all the books that you plan on reading.

message 30: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "84%[spoilers removed]"

If you need to you can message me all the books that you plan on reading."

Just finally on GR. It's been a morning.

message 31: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 32: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished #2 (view spoiler)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Finished #2 [spoilers removed]"

Girl I know how you feel. I think I have Degradation on my kindle. I will be able to put up my book list once I get off work and get up to my friend's parent's house this afternoon. I have a graduation to go to tomorrow and I have to get dressed up in a dress and hills. But you can bet your ass I'm reading until she walks across the stage then going back to reading.

message 34: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hahahaha. So read Degradation with meeee! :D

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Hahahaha. So read Degradation with meeee! :D"

I have to check first. Jeez woman. I know I have on my list I think it's called Jezzabel. I have to check when I'm not at work. Right now it's slow but I have feeling the minute I whip out my kindle people are going to come in.

message 36: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Hahahaha. So read Degradation with meeee! :D"

I have to check first. Jeez woman. I know I have on my list I think it's called Jezzabel. I have to check when I'm not at work. Right ..."

I'm listening to an audio. Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy, #1) by Meghan March Soooooo steamy! :D Lol.

But anywho, I'm listening so I can work and read at the same time. (:

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Hahahaha. So read Degradation with meeee! :D"

I have to check first. Jeez woman. I know I have on my list I think it's called Jezzabel. I have to ..."

That's easy. I can't do that here. Wish I could. But after I get off Wy and I are head up to our friend's parent's house. That is two hours away so I will read on the way up there. I want to try and finish the Exorcist which by the way is actually not as creepy as the movie. At least I think.

message 38: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

The movie was definitely creepy af. Lol. I didn’t even know it was based on a movie.

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "The movie was definitely creepy af. Lol. I didn’t even know it was based on a movie."

I did. I had the book on my TBR list for so long because my dad owned both movie and book but when I was younger I wasn't allowed to read or watch it. Then a few days ago I saw that it was the book's 40th year edition on KU so I thought he I can knock this one off. So far though the prologue doesn't make much sense. If you ever decide to read it you'll understand what I mean.

message 40: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2) by J.M. Darhower

Chapter 4(view spoiler)

35%(view spoiler)

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments I promise I will finish this soon. I really hate the heroine and it's not holding my attention. But I will finish it.

message 42: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

But Naz! He's so yummy!

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "But Naz! He's so yummy!"

He's alright.

message 44: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nah man. I loveeeeee him. Lol. <3

What else do you wanna read?

Jamie  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 101 comments Felicia wrote: "Nah man. I loveeeeee him. Lol. <3

What else do you wanna read?"

I have a few books right now

Soulswap (Twin Souls Book 1) by Arizona Tape
Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills
Beers, Hens and Irishmen (Warblers Point, #1) by Meghan Quinn
Shattered by Elizabeth Lee

message 46: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

73%(view spoiler)

message 47: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have Fake Fiancé on my list. I think.