Public Domain Readers discussion

Monthly Themed Archives > May 2018 - M I S T A K E

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle (last edited May 04, 2018 09:53AM) (new)

Lanelle | 450 comments Mod
Each month we will read a public domain book in a certain genre, about a particular subject, or by an chosen author. Report which book or story you've decided to read. Feel free to discuss what you're reading and the author's writing style. Don't forget to leave a review of your selected work.

I just received a message from Sawako, very gently asking what we would be reading this month. After a few seconds of confusion (I thought she would be posting this month), I realized my mistake. Now to come up with a theme...quickly...

I know: I should capitalize on my mistake. This month the title of your book must start with a M, I, S, T, A, K, or E. And just to make it a bit harder, 'a', 'an', and 'the' don't count.

If the title of your book starts with 'a', 'an', or 'the', use the next word in the title.

I can't wait to see what everyone decides to read.

message 2: by Sawako (new)

Sawako | 493 comments Mod
I've checked the books on my TBR list and luckily I've found lots of books. But, I haven't decided which book I'll read first.

M
1) Mary Barton
2) My Lady Caprice
3) Murder at Bridge: A Mystery Novel
4) My Lady Cinderella
5) Moonfleet

S
1) Set in Silver
2) Sir Percy Leads the Band
3) Silas Marner
4) Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow

A
1) Anna of the Five Towns

E
1) Emily of New Moon

message 4: by Sawako (new)

Books we have in common:
My Lady Cinderella

LOL! I made a mistake and didn't include these books:
The Semi-Attached Couple
That Mother-in-Law of Mine

I don't know what was I thinking. Let me know, which book are you going to read first (even if they aren't on my list). I want to read books with you and discuss them together.

message 5: by Lanelle (new)

Sawako wrote: "I don't know what was I thinking..."

I realize now that my instructions were not very clear. If the title of your book starts with 'a', 'an', or 'the', skip it and use the next word in the title.

message 6: by Lanelle (new)

Sawako wrote: "Let me know, which book are you going to read first (even if they aren't on my list). I want to read books with you and discuss them together."

Sounds good. What are you in the mood to read? Romance, adventure, young adult, family life?

message 7: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "Sawako wrote: "I don't know what was I thinking..."

I realize now that my instructions were not very clear. If the title of your book starts with 'a', 'an', or 'the', skip it and use the next word..."

Oh, I see. Thanks!

message 8: by Sawako (last edited May 04, 2018 08:40AM) (new)

Lanelle wrote: "Sounds good. What are you in the mood to read? Romance, adventure, young adult, family life?"

Okay, I want to start with any of these books That Mother-in-Law of Mine; To Have and to Hold or The Semi-Attached Couple

What about you?

message 9: by Lanelle (new)

We can start with That Mother-in-Law of Mine. When do you think you'll begin reading?

message 10: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "We can start with That Mother-in-Law of Mine. When do you think you'll begin reading?"

Great! Tomorrow morning.

message 11: by SAI (new)

SAI (-sai-) | 20 comments Molly make believe and set in silver are really good

message 12: by Sawako (new)

Sai Sruthi wrote: "Molly make believe and set in silver are really good"

Thanks! :D

message 13: by SAI (new)

SAI (-sai-) | 20 comments I loved Apartment Next Door too(when I read it 6 years ago)

message 14: by Sawako (new)

Sai Sruthi wrote: "I loved Apartment Next Door too(when I read it 6 years ago)"

Thanks, again! :D What books are you going to read for this month? Lanelle and I are reading That Mother-in-Law of Mine. Would you like to join us?

message 15: by SAI (new)

SAI (-sai-) | 20 comments Ok

message 16: by Lanelle (new)

I've set up a thread for the discussion of That Mother-in-Law of Mine. I look forward to your thoughts.

message 17: by Sawako (new)

Hello, Lanelle. What are we going to read next?

message 18: by Lanelle (new)

Sai Sruthi wrote: "I loved Apartment Next Door too(when I read it 6 years ago)"

Would you be interested in reading The Apartment Next Door, Sawako?

message 19: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "Would you be interested in reading The Apartment Next Door, Sawako?"

SURE!

message 20: by Lanelle (new)

Sawako, I need to read Pollyanna by Thursday night (for my in-real-life book club), and then I can start on The Apartment Next Door.

message 21: by Sawako (new)

Lanelle wrote: "Sawako, I need to read Pollyanna by Thursday night (for my in-real-life book club), and then I can start on The Apartment Next Door."

No problem!