Play Book Tag discussion

Heartburn
This topic is about Heartburn
Archive: Other Books > Heartburn by Nora Ephron ~ 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 625 comments I listened to this book on audio and thought that Meryl Streep did a good job of putting a voice to a character.

Rachel Samstat is a cookbook author, who at 7 months pregnant discovers that her husband is having an affair with another woman. Rachel goes through moments of wanting him back and wanting him dead at the same time. In the middle of all this she talks of wonderfully sounding food.

I liked this book. It was something light and fun amongst all the other heavy stuff I have been reading.

Ellen | 2316 comments I just now finished this audio and I liked it a bit better than you did - 4 stars I think.

message 3: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I loved his book, it was based on Nora's marriage to Carl Bernstein who along with Bob Woodward helped bring don the Nixon presidency. It was made into a great movie with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson.

Joni | 625 comments I did not know. What wonderful information.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Ladyslott wrote: "I loved his book, it was based on Nora's marriage to Carl Bernstein who along with Bob Woodward helped bring don the Nixon presidency. It was made into a great movie with Meryl Streep and Jack Nich..."

I love fun facts like that. Thank-you