Play Book Tag discussion

The Thirteenth Tale
This topic is about The Thirteenth Tale
May 2018: Family Drama > The Thirteenth Tale/Diane Setterfield/5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jamie Zaccaria | 219 comments I.loved.this.book. It had some of the most beautiful writing I've ever come across with an absolutely amazing story.

The family drama was real from every angle and for every character in different ways. And it kept getting more dramatic as the reveals kept coming.

It's interesting because some of the family drama was more typical and common and then the main story was pretty fantastic and surreal.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9344 comments This is one of my favorite books ever. It’s on my top books for life.

Hilde (hilded) | 433 comments I read this many years ago, but remember loving it then:)

Nicole | 430 comments One of my absolute favorite books of all time. I feel like this is one of the few books that can bring you right back to the magically feeling you got reading as a child. Adored this.

Her second book - Bellman & Black - has some of the lowest ratings on Goodreads I've ever seen. Some of the worst reviews as well. I own it but haven't gotten to it myself.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9344 comments Throw it out! I mean bellman and black. You can check out my review if you want. Such a difference, although we did have that eerie haunting feeling. I give it like two stars.

Kszr | 172 comments Loved this book, haven't done the second one because of the reviews.

Diane Zwang | 485 comments An oldie but a goody. Like Amy this is one of my favorite books ever. I used to recommend it but it has been awhile and I forgot about it.

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9344 comments Maybe we should recommend this book to Rachel Levy. She is not just new to the group, but new to fiction and historical fiction, and is looking for some great books. Rachel, this book would take you out of WW2.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Amy I will add this to my list for family drama this month! Oh how I love WWII but the world is so big.:)

message 10: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie | 4488 comments This has lingered on my TBR for a long time. Perhaps May is the month!

message 11: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments I've never heard of this it sounds great!

Cynda  (cynda) A large part of the appreciation is the qualities of fairytales, such as crumbling house/castle, the old woman, a gardener, and more. I wrote in my review that I just might re-read this book during a medical recovery period, maybe a hospital stay. A way to enter a different world.

message 13: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9344 comments This is one of those books that immediately after reading it, I read it again!