Murderino Book Club discussion

The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy: The Shocking Inside Story
This topic is about The Stranger Beside Me
Book Discussions > The Stranger Beside Me Book Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 14 comments Mod
Thread for discussing Ann Rule's book The Stranger Beside Me. Post any of your thoughts, comments, and questions!

Lauren (lauren_travels) Hey murderinos! If you have Kindle unlimited this book is on there for free 🤗 getting started today. This is my first book club and I’m looking forward to it. 📚

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Taylor | 4 comments I might have to get that... my Library ebooks always have a long wait list.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 14 comments Mod
I just got started reading this book and I can't wait to start discussing it with everyone! Has anyone read any Ann Rule books before?

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Taylor | 4 comments There was a HUGE stack of Ann Rule books at the used bookstore, but I’ve never read any of them.

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Hanson | 1 comments I haven't read this one yet, but I read the I-5 Killer by her and it was SO GOOD. Highly highly recommend.

Lauren (lauren_travels) So I'm about 70% done with the book. It makes for a quick read. I get a little skirmish when there are detailed descriptions of what Ted has done to his victims and a little annoyed by the author herself. In the beginning, she was unsure of his guilt and would still be a friend to him. But once she was aware that he was guilty (when the Florida murders happened and they caught him) she was still seeming friendly towards him. I don't know if it was the guilt she felt from her brother's suicide or what, but she knew he had committed these horrible crimes and I guess because she knew it would make good material for her book she continued contact? Anyone else feel this way?

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina Taylor | 4 comments I think she wanted to stay friendly to maybe get a confession?

message 9: by Angelo (new)

Angelo | 1 comments Hmm be careful with this one, much of what she states as fact later turned out not to be the case, i.e. some of the murders she says he confessed to clash with what's in The Only Living Witness (which disses Rule to some degree) and have since been proven not to be his victims at all.

That said, I like that we learn more about the victims than we do in most TC books.

Her book on the Green River Killer is genuinely great though.