Flower Mound Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Topics > Stop By, Say Hi!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgan_norman) | 85 comments Mod
Welcome to the Flower Mound Public Library Digital Book Club! Feel free to introduce yourself and get to know one another on this discussion thread.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue | 3 comments Mod
Hi I’m Sue. I love reading many different types of books and I love a challenge. I probably won’t read all the books on the Great American Reads list, but I’m going to try to read a total of 100, making substitutions as desired and covering all the topics. So far I’ve read 39 so I think I can hit 100 in a year.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (texassteph) | 1 comments Hi I’m Stephanie. I’m hoping this challenge gets me back to being a bookworm. Reading is something that I haven’t done as much as I would like since becoming a parent. There’s lots of books on the list that I want to read or reread so I may as well jump right in!

message 4: by Morgan (last edited May 23, 2018 06:17AM) (new)

Morgan (morgan_norman) | 85 comments Mod
Hi, everyone! I'm Morgan. I'm going to try to use this challenge as a way to read books outside my comfort zone and in genres that I don't typically choose. I'm excited to find out which books everyone else picks as well!

One fun fact about me: My husband and I have a cat who is turning 20 years old this fall. She is a sweet old lady!

message 5: by Omar (new)

Omar Gonzalez | 1 comments Hi everyone, I’m new to Flower Mound, I’ve just registered at the FM Public Library. I grew up with a passion for reading instilled by my dad, which I’ll like to pass it down to my daughters. I’m always open to know about more books, I believe books are the foundation for a civilized world that need to be pass down the generations, whether is paper-based or electronic-based, even audiobooks for that matter. Happy reading or listening to y’all!

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3 comments Hi all!

I read a variety of books as well. If I had to pick a favorite genre it would be thriller. I try to focus on balancing the number of fiction books I read with nonfiction. For that reason, among others, I don’t think I’ll get through all 100 books of the Great American Read. At the time the list was posted I had already read only 20 of the books.

Omar,
I also try to encourage my son to love reading. He is 6 and definitely gets more excited about some books than others. If he finds a book boring, I put it away and let him choose something else. Personally I always feel the need to finish a book even if I hate it. It takes a lot of self control to put down a book a few pages in and get another one for him. But it makes my heart happy to see how much he enjoys reading lately.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.