Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Stone of Farewell (Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, #2)
This topic is about Stone of Farewell
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Stone of Farewell [May 15, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Spot!

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Can’t wait to see your thoughts on this one

MUSNT........REVEAL............SPOILERS

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

message 4: by Anni (last edited May 21, 2018 02:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Sooooo here are some spoilers for you Ahdam :D

But first things first, I'm glad that there is a summary of book one in the beginning and I like how it's written. I read Book 1 not that ago, but it was helpfull nevertheless! More authors (ALL!!!) should do so!

Prologue (view spoiler)

Chapter 1-3 It feels really good to be back in this world :) I love the character constellations we're starting with (view spoiler)

Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Chapter 5 + 6 (view spoiler)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Here was me thinking people forgot about it I’m in the train so this is gonna be difficult

I’m happy for the summary as well since it was about 7 months since I read dragonbone chair and I needed a quick refresher

Trust me I think here tad shows he has a darker side to the story not Abercrombie dark but dark

Also your comment on the last guy with a certain weapon I love him as well and I think he became my fave in a later scene but I swear when I read war of the flowers tads other book there was a character that said the same thing and I wonder if it is a catchphrase he uses in all of his books

I hope there wasn’t anything revealing there now continue the adventure so you can join me and Chris for green angel 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Anni | 5048 comments Not at all! And I like some dark aspects in a book, makes it far more interestring than all the fluffy everyone-is-happy stories :) I just tried to soothe myself, because he (view spoiler) is one of my favourites :)

I can't wait to read more about Mr. Certain Weapon Guy :D

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 7 (view spoiler)

Chapter 8 - 10 (view spoiler)

Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments I will start this tomorrow for sure!!!

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Yay @choko

Sorry anni Been dealing with work but I’m glad your enjoying it and I think after that moment with Simon and the team I knew this was gonna be something different

message 10: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Wow your progressing through this really nicely Anni I know what you mean and by the looks of it it seems you may be nearing the end soon

I think I started to love Josua and Vorhezva in this book as they grow and by the end miramele will be of an interest

Thinking back it does slow down slightly in the final parts of the book and I think I know why but this makes me excited for the final 2 books so I can see how it will all end hopefully

message 12: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Aaaand I'm done! :) I don't think there is much to add right now... (view spoiler) I gave it 4 Stars and I'm looking forward to continue the series with you!

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Up to Ch 6 and I am just now really remembering everything from the first book. They finally realized that they are being herded and I was yelling YES, you people, finally! And I am pissed at the Troll council! Assholes!

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Maegwin is being annoying as hell!!! I want to smack her and tell her to just stop!!!

That creature that had our guys was terrifying!!!! The children..... tum-tum-tuuuuuummmmm!!!

message 15: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Haha yeah! I don't know if you are reading my spoilers, but I was also complaining about her being annoying! 😂

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Anni wrote: "Haha yeah! I don't know if you are reading my spoilers, but I was also complaining about her being annoying! 😂"

Yes, i am and I completely agree! Right now our boy is in that (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Anni wrote: "Chapter 24..."

Miriamele (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Finished, liked it a lot, and am looking forward to the next book! I hated the losses of certain people though, but that is life...

message 19: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5048 comments Choko wrote: "Anni wrote: "Chapter 24..."

Miriamele [spoilers removed]"

Eeek, I hope not! This would be even more creepy and disgusting!

Choko (chokog) | 7729 comments Anni wrote: "Choko wrote: "Anni wrote: "Chapter 24..."

Miriamele [spoilers removed]"

Eeek, I hope not! This would be even more creepy and disgusting!"

I know, right? I hope I am wrong, because I hated what was happening there and I will hate it even more if that is the case...