Mystery Madness discussion

Whodunits Book Club > Requesting Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 335 comments Mod
Hello mystery lovers! I have been asked to lead a new mystery book club in real life at my local library. The book club has been in existence for about 6 months and has had difficulty getting off the ground.
I am reorganizing this club with a new day and time each month (2nd Thursday of each month in the afternoon).

With permission from the librarian, I decided to take this club global and invite you all to join in. I will announce the selections here on the Mystery Madness Goodreads group and have a discussion thread each month. I welcome all of you to take part and read the books and discuss here. All of your comments will be shared at the local meeting and I will share their comments here after each meeting.

Would you help me by recommending books that you think would make good book club selections, even if you don't plan to participate. I am looking for mystery books that would appeal to a majority of people. They can be thrillers or cozy or true crime, preferably not too far into a series unless they can be read as stand alones. We will be selecting books for the rest of the year in just a few days, so I would really appreciate your input.
Thanks!

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (ordinaryknitter) | 43 comments I may be too late, but I would suggest Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke. I am currently reading back through the series. They are light and fun. I find it fun to read the books then watch the movie.

message 3: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) Love that series

Series Recs
Agatha Raisin by MC Beaton
Thursday Next - The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1) by Jasper Fforde

Stand Alones
The Troop by Nick Cutter Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 335 comments Mod
Thanks for the recommendations so far. Please feel free to keep them coming. If our book club gets off the ground then we will eventually try to get to all of these that the group is interested in.
I will be posting a list and starting discussion threads for what has been chosen for the rest of the year.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine  Pinkett | 45 comments MC Beaton Hamish Mcbeth series set in Scottish Highlands.