New Adult Book Club discussion

Kylie Scott
This topic is about Kylie Scott
Author Q+A's > Kylie Scott Q&A

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we have NYT and USA Today Bestselling author Kylie Scott with us. Kylie is the author of books such as STAGE DIVE SERIES, DIVE BAR SERIES, FLESH SERIES and more!!

Leave a question you would like to ask Kylie below. These questons will be forwarded to Kylie next week. Once kylie replies I wil lpost you her answers below!

message 2: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments What's the most difficult part to write in a book?
Wish you the best girl 😘

message 3: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 170 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 4: by Sentranced (new)

Sentranced Jem (sentrancedjem) | 61 comments A book or books that you are waiting eagerly to read this year.. any recommendations?

message 5: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi Kylie, I love your books!

I was wondering if there is a genre you haven't written in that you would love to explore in the (near) future?

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 16 comments How did you come up with the idea of the Stage Dive series?

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments What are you working on now?

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenkoo) | 47 comments Is there any particular singer or band which is the inspiration for these books?

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Lilley (lilleyloohlah) | 130 comments Hi Kylie
Love, love, love your writing. Any chance you’ll be coming to a book signing in the UK any time soon?
😊❤️

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 90 comments If you hadn't written the Stage Dive books yourself and were just a reader which of the four would be your favorite and why?

(...because we ALL have one we love a tiny bit more than the others!)

message 11: by Christa (new)

Christa Goettl | 42 comments Are the kids from the Stage Dive series going to have a book? No more Mal is a sad thought! lol.

message 12: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 133 comments HAve you written any paranormal romance?

message 13: by Valentina (new)

Valentina | 19 comments Hi, do you plan to write another band series? I love Stage Dive and would love to read something similar from you :)

message 14: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 120 comments Hello Ms. Kylie!

How do you choose your characters' names?

message 15: by Sioms (new)

Sioms (siomaima) | 16 comments Do you have any character that was inspired by someone close to you?

message 16: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (roxyrolla) | 6 comments I loved the setting of Coeur d'Alene - how did you choose it for your series?

message 17: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jackiebrown89) | 53 comments Which of your characters is your favorite?

message 18: by Unidentified (new)

Unidentified (unidentifiedxx) Are you a pantser or a plotter? How do you get into the writing zone?

a collective of books (acollectiveofbooks) Do you have a playlist while you write and/or for your books?

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy | 14 comments Hi Kylie,
I love your books!! I'm not sure if this has been asked yet,
Do you have a playlist for Dive Bar Series?

message 21: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments What's your favorite under-appreciated novel?

Bookphenomena (Micky)  (bookphenomena) Hi Kylie, I'm a big fan and Trust is my all time favourite. Will you be writing the YA genre again? Please??!

message 24: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments are you a "write one book at a time" author, or do plots fight over your head for attention??

message 25: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Cannavina | 57 comments What music inspires you?

message 26: by Irma (last edited May 11, 2018 07:13AM) (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments Which cover of yours is your favourite?

message 27: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments I have complied a list of all your questions to send on to the author. If your questions is the same or similar to one asked above I have not included it in the list. Please read the questions and answers once I have them and posted them and you may find one similar to your own and he answer :)

message 28: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments Answers by Kylie Scott

1)Carolina Aks : What's the most difficult part to write in a book?
Wish you the best girl

Thank you very much! Honestly, probably the middle. And the end. The beginning is usually fun, getting to start something new and exciting. Then it usually turns into harder work as you get further into it.

2)S.Shade Asks: Who are some of your favorite authors?

Kristen Ashley, Jane Austen, Stephen King, and Robin McKinley.

3)Jemima Asks: A book or books that you are waiting eagerly to read this year.. any recommendations?

I just read “Mogul” by Katy Evans and it was awesome. Love her stuff.

4)Betul Asks: Hi Kylie, I love your books!

I was wondering if there is a genre you haven't written in that you would love to explore in the (near) future?

Thank you! I’ve got a YA paranormal that I’ve been playing around with. That would be fun to get stuck back into.

5)Katie Asks: How did you come up with the idea of the Stage Dive series?

I watched way too much MTV when I was growing up. The whole rock star lifestyle always fascinated me. I also worked in a guitar shop for a while, getting to hang out with all of these session musicians. It was pretty interesting.

6)Nicole Asks: What are you working on now?

On a standalone contemporary romance about a woman who gets amnesia due to a violent robbery. She then has to figure out her life and the choices she’s made, including a recent break-up with a hot and handsome tattoo artist.

7)Karen Asks: Is there any particular singer or band which is the inspiration for these books?

Probably Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, and Eskimo Joe.

8)Pamela Asks: Hi Kylie
Love, love, love your writing. Any chance you’ll be coming to a book signing in the UK any time soon?

Thanks, Pamela! Unfortunately with my kids both finishing up high school over the next few years, things are pretty busy at home. I’m taking a break from signing for a while to be with my family. But hopefully sometime in the future!

9)Heather Asks: If you hadn't written the Stage Dive books yourself and were just a reader which of the four would be your favorite and why?

(...because we ALL have one we love a tiny bit more than the others!)

I love “LEAD” best because it’s really a Beauty and the Beast story. Though Mal always makes me laugh. Gah. It’s a hard choice!

10) Christa Asks: Are the kids from the Stage Dive series going to have a book? No more Mal is a sad thought! lol.

I haven’t planned any books for the kids at this stage, but maybe in the future.

11) Katrina Asks: HAve you written any paranormal romance?

I actually started out writing paranormal romance. The series is under the bed, but someday I might get it out and giving it a going over.

12) Valentina Asks: Hi, do you plan to write another band series? I love Stage Dive and would love to read something similar from you :)

I’m not sure about another band series. It kind of feels like I’ve been there done that for the rock n roll world for a little while at least.

13) Beatrice Asks: Hello Ms. Kylie!

How do you choose your characters' names?

Mostly I ask people in my fan group and look up baby name websites.

14) Jemima Asks : Do you have any character that was inspired by someone close to you?

Um, Mal is an amalgamation of me and a couple of people I’ve known. That crazy sense of humour with no filter. Though hopefully I have a filter most of the time. Hopefully.

15) Roxeanne Asks : I loved the setting of Coeur d'Alene - how did you choose it for your series?

A close friend of mine, Joanna Wylde, lives in Coeur d’Alene. So I’ve been over to visit her a few times and absolutely fell in love with the place. It’s so beautiful.

16) Jacqueline Asks: Which of your characters is your favorite?
Mal is easiest to write so I guess he gets favourite.

17) Unidentified Asks: Are you a pantser or a plotter? How do you get into the writing zone?

I want to be a plotter, but I usually winding up being more of a pantser. And I read over some of what I’ve recently done and my notes before starting to get my head in the right place.

18) Bookish Addict and Judy Asks: Do you have a playlist while you write and/or for your books?

Sometimes, yes. The ones I’ve used are on my website. I really enjoy having music playing, I just have to make sure it’s familiar enough that it’s not distracting me from writing.

19) J Asks: If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

Ooh, good question. I’m not sure. A queen in a fantasy world would be fun, but then again, so would being a female Viking warrior. Then again, so would being like a kick ass vampire or someone with super powers. This could take a while!

20) Emily Asks: What's your favorite under-appreciated novel?

“Beauty” by Robin McKinley. I have a real weakness for fairy-tale retellings.

21) Kindling Asks : Hi Kylie, I'm a big fan and Trust is my all time favourite. Will you be writing the YA genre again? Please??!

Thank you! If another story idea comes to me, I’d definitely write another YA. Really enjoyed writing “Trust”.

22) MidouradoP Asks: are you a "write one book at a time" author, or do plots fight over your head for attention??

I have to focus on one book at a time, but that doesn’t stop other ideas from trying to derail me.

23) Irma Asks: Which cover of yours is your favourite?

Probably “Trust” because I organised the covershoot and was more involved with the process there. But I love them all.