The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

The Basics > What's new from Craig

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
When we hear or see announcements about upcoming book releases or event we will share them here.

message 2: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Craig will be releasing his next novella October 2014. It will include a series of 12 short stories. It will be a hard cover book and Craig will making a book tour for signing the books.

message 3: by LaLaLa Laura (new)

LaLaLa Laura  (laurabhoffman) | 7 comments I am just wondering, why are some books in the series in between numbers such as 8.2? Thanks!

message 4: by Janet (last edited Aug 16, 2014 08:08PM) (new)

Janet Washer | 23 comments Craig Johnson announced today Aug. 16th, 2014 that his new book in 2015 will be "Dry Bones," which is exciting to me. I followed "Sue" the T-Rex from 'her' discovery and have seen her in Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry. Evidently it is a bones mystery - yay, for dino junkies like me.

message 5: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Thanks Janet that's great! I probably would never have connected The title and "Sue" the T-Rex. Thanks for sharing some very exciting news.

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet Washer | 23 comments I follow the digs based out of Thermopolis, WY and Woodland Park, CO (privately owned by Mike Triebold. The story of Sue was some hapless paleontologists who found a T-Rex and THOUGHT they had covered the dig in their contract. Turns out, some of the land was RESERVATION and their contract with the rancher was null and void because of it. Some of them spent jail time and lost the T-Rex, which was sold as the largest T-Rex found at auction for $8 million at the time. The one in Woodland Park (found by the Triebolds) is 2 ft shorter than Sue.

message 7: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

So Sue is in the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. How long ago was she found? Also, this maybe a dumb question but when she was auctioned did the reservation get the money or someone else?

message 8: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Thanks for the link Sue! Very interesting and informative article. I wonder what she would go for today?

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet Washer | 23 comments I don't know what she'd go for, but the museum in Woodland Park gets probably close to a million EACH for the COPIES they make for museums all over the world - takes a lot of work to make those copies from the museum's own finds.

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet Washer | 23 comments Also follows the theatrics of the "Bone Wars" of the 1800s...where rival paleontologist/treasure hunters set to outdo one another. I think a movie was made about it. Surely one of the oddest set of events set in the west.

message 11: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (last edited Oct 15, 2014 10:26AM) (new)

As I am sure all or most of us know that Craig Johnson will be releasing his collection of 12 short stories featuring Sheriff Walt Longmire. The book is titled "Wait for Signs" remember to pre-order or purchase your copy. The release date is October 21st,2014

message 12: by Janet (new)

Janet Washer | 23 comments Already got my pre-order in, although I've read most of the stories