The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

The Basics > The Chatterbox

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
Share what is new and happening with you.

message 2: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

I have a few announcements to share.

1. The poll that was conducted asking if you want Walt & Vic together was unanimously in favor of their relationship.

2. The poll about the group reads was mostly in favor with a few maybes thrown in.

3. We will begin our first read on August 15th with the first book "The Cold Dish"

message 3: by Cynde (new)

Cynde Janis | 17 comments Looking forward to the group read!

message 4: by Cross (new)

Cross | 12 comments I have to go back and reread it to be ready to hang out with such devotees. LOL In other online clubs, we normally covered about 5 chapters at a time and had general topics of discussion for each section along with just interaction among members. One of the groups I did for a while had each member submit one or two questions or discussion topics before the "chat" started. Excited!

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (mtnred) | 47 comments I'll have my copy out and ready to go!

message 6: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei Hawkins | 30 comments Looking forward to it.

message 7: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

I just unpacked my copy today. Exploring ways to run the group read. Any suggestions will be considered and appreciated.

message 8: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei Hawkins | 30 comments Brenda, if you go to Craig's page under th books tab click on Cold Dish then go to the case study section it opens up a readers guide with 10 or 11 questions

message 9: by Cross (new)

Cross | 12 comments I have that section in some of my books but not all of them. I will check Cold Dish and see if it is one of them. The groups I have done before were more "real time" chats so it was like a running conversation. I am not sure what it would look like in this type of format. Sometimes we split stuff up and different people lead the "discussion" and sometimes it was more like the guide.

message 10: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (last edited Aug 12, 2014 02:08PM) (new)

I have found the discussion questions in both my book and on his web site. I will post them under the topic The Cold Dish and we can use that to start discussions.

I have other books that have done the questions but I was unaware that Craig has done this too.

Thanks for this great suggestion. This is my first time moderating any group or leading a group read. I am learning along with you. together we can figure things out.

message 11: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Hi everyone, I have a injury that is causing me a lot of pain so I'm on a lot of pain meds. Sorry I have not been on much the last couple of days. Tammy is available to help with anything until I start to feel better. Talk to you all real soon I hope. Take care and be safe!!!!

message 12: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

I would like to introduce you to our new co- moderator Marie. Contact her with problem or concerns.

message 13: by Marie (new)

Marie | 22 comments Mod
Hi everyone, I am so happy to be here to help Brenda while she takes the much needed time to recover and get back up to speed.
I've been reading Craig's books since 2006 and am happy to be able to step in for the time I can help to moderate and stimulate some fun stuff to talk about.
PLEASE reach out to me, I will do my best to make it interesting, get us all to step in Craig's shoes and think about some story lines that would make the fans come back for more. Glad to be here!